Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
Berkley , Massachusetts
draperies redo..the track at the top and bottom..

hi
can anyone tell me how the draperies would be hung with the metal loops in the top and bottom tracks in our 1969 TW? We don't currently have any drapes to go by but would like to make them if we knew what hardware to buy that goes with them.
thanks!
michelle50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
Hi again Michelle
Inland RV Center Inc.
for the drape tabs or:
Drapes For Airstream and Argosy Trailers
for ready made fit to order drapes.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
1959 22' Flying Cloud
fairview , New Mexico
On our Tradewind it used these . I-rod Curtain Carriers 14-9300 [14-9300] - $3.95 : Out-of-Doors Mart!, More Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14-9300_2.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	124523  
Attached Images

Avion C11
1959 Flying Cloud
1969 Tradewind
1973 Safari
1983 34 ft Limited
2004 F250 superduty ext cab
2014 F350 longbed superduty crewcab
arodriguez60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Michelle, you say there are no curtains. Are there upper and lower tracks. I just had curtains made by someone who does them in yachts and am sorely disappointed. Wish I would have used JPA but Chis didn't share them with me.

We didn't have any tracks in ours so it was a bit of figuring to determine the layout and in the end I think I would have gotten a much better job using someone who knows our beasties better.

We used Sunbrella for the curtains we got for $12.99 a yard at Calico corners ($45 a yard from uphostery shop) and a very complimentary sunbrella fabric for the cushions. We also backed the curtains with a black out material that is new hight tech and suppose to last forever. HMM, we shall see. The PO used regular uphostery fabric less than a year ago and parts were faded to an entirely different color.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	124525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1056.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	124526  

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Paris , Ohio
Hello, my 68 safari had the original drapes in it ,I got it from the original owner, they had a small plastic tab top and bottom that slid in a track. There were snaps at each end. A 36 inch window had about 30 clips total. I got new clips at airstream, but have seen them other places. My wife is making new drapes now. The clips were sewed on originally, but she is hot-gluing the new ones on. Quite a job, but it will worth it. If you send me your address I will send you clip. Happy airstream. Paul scritean@msn.com
trapperman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Yes and there are some of the folks on this site that can make the drapes for you too.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
x

XXXX , XXXX
[QUOTE=constructor;964176] Wish I would have used JPA but Chis didn't share them with me. QUOTE]
Now Ann If only I had known you needed drapes I certainly would have passed on the information to you. I do try to help but can't read minds especially through the internet. I will share with you that the drapes from JPA probably cost more than what you paid for the trailer. I called them years ago and the quote was in excess of $1,000 USD which at that time was millions here.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Oh Chris, I thought you had the all knowing eye. Now I know I have to ask to receive. And funny you should say that about curtain/cushion costs. I have spent more the 1/2 the purchase price on new cushions (actual only covers on one gaucho to save a few dollars), matching drapes, throw pillows, and curtains, not to mention the custom sewn shower curtain with velcro and snaps. I have the easy job, picking out things and looking up things. Poor constructor is doing all the techno and mechancial work. He did start my training on buffying today. And we know within 5 years we will need to buy another one and do the full monte (with help from our forum friends) or stop camping for a while to do Haily up right.

Michelle, in hindsight I have seen some really cool blinds, especially in light of it sounds like a lot of folks like to tint the windows for cooler interior.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
He did start my training on buffying today.
Ann the vampire slayer.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
I made my curtains out of bed sheets but then we were in a hurry to get them up and didn't have time for a professional job (not to mention we couldn't find upholstery we both liked)

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote