Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Tammy...Curtains look great!..that's one of the things on my to do list this winter...also the cover on my stove..not quite sure how I want to tackle that..has some surface rust which bugs me. I'm not brave enough to try the high heat paint on it although it would prob look ok. Right now I just use a nice napkin to hide the unsightly. I also covered my couch...I think I paid more in hardware...snaps etc. than the fabric..I lucked out when a fabric store went out of business in my town...I think I paid something like .70 a yard! Total job prob cost us about $25.00...The top and bottom come off by snaps in the back so I can clean them if need be. I love seeing what do it yourselfers like yourself have done inside.... Nice stuff Tammy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couch1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	25452  
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Does your couch have the storage drawers underneath? I love the way you put the fabric all the way to the floor, That looks like a great idea since my most of the slide doors on mine are broke. Snaps are a great idea too. Wish I would have thought of that! I couldnt find a zipper as big as the ones that were origonally on it so I used velcro. Boy am I crazy!
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Yes...that is a slide out with three cubbies. I just went over the whole thing with fabric and staple gunned the fabric in place. I was going to get fancy and put on a bottom trim but it really wasn't necessary...I like the simple look of it. If your velcro starts to go down the road you could always use a sleeping bag zipper...Keep up the good work!!

PS..I think I'm going to try the high heat paint...just have to get brave and do it! I'll post a pic when I get around to it.
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
All Great Ideas

Thanks for posting those good curtain ideas and money saving processes. With the weather cooling a bit, this gives me renewed interest in getting back to the fun of working on the trailer (s).
Kevin
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #25
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Curtains Finally Finished

I finally after what seems like months, recieved the fabric I ordered and finished my curtains today. I took pictures and will try to explain what I did for anyone that is going to make their own. Hope it helps!
1. Firts picture, I took the old curtain apart, then pinned it to my new material. I cut it to size. I leave the old curtain pinned to the fabric until I get the folds just right.
2. i place curtain backing that I got at fabricbytheyard.com, also where i got my fabric, I make my folds for the top. ( you can by pleat making material at walmart, but you really dont need it, they work fine without it).
3. After I sew the top and bottom, I hem both ends. To make my pleats, I fold the material about every 2 -2 1/2 inches and sew one at the top and one at the bottom so they will be even.
These are the front curtain and they had the metal curved hooks that stick in the fabric. The ones on the right, have the sliders sewn on. I bought elastic and some sliders at the rv store and just sewed them back on. At the top I used the old ones because i couldnt find any of the kind that was there. Sorry so long. I will try to make up a sheet for anyone interested and email it to them. I have one for the re upholstery of the couch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	layout1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	26315   Click image for larger version

Name:	pin down.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	26316  

Name:	sewing with lining.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	26317   Click image for larger version

Name:	making pleats.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	26318  

Name:	all done1.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	26319   Click image for larger version

Name:	done2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	26320  

Old 09-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
wow, what talent!

You guys are making me feel so inadequate! I just received my new JP Ambruso drapes for my 67 Safari. They were a little $$$, but they are really beautiful and so far beyond what I would have been able to do myself. I have one question and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. My trailer only has the top track to secure the curtain, the bottom is supposed to be held to the window with a cord. The round guide loops are sewn into the curtains already. Any suggestions on what kind of cord I should use? How do to secure the cord to the side of the trailer?

My trailer had no window coverings when I purchased it a few months ago, so I'm starting from scratch. The PO of my trailer might have had cafe curtains at one point because the bottom hardware looks like it's still there.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:32 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Beautiful curtains.. We are leaving for Fla for the winter and travelling thru Georgia... anyone know if discount places for good deals on fabric in Georgia?? The Argosy is in need of new curtains front and back... have the material for the front but would like something different for the wraparound in the back... has anyone done the wall pads.. ??? I have kept the old ones to use as a pattern..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #28
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
I took my wall pads off and covered them with the same material as the couch and screwed it back on. A little tricky getting the screws through the fabric so I pushed finishing nails thru the holes so I would know where the holes were.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #29

2000 34' Limited
Reno , Nevada
Does anyone know where I can get the little-round-screw-in-mini-blind-string-holder-things?
Capt Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote