Door Roller Shade
I decided to change/replace the door roller shade on my 91 Excella 25. It was just too nasty and needed to go.
After reading posts online on what you needed to do get the shade out, I went with the remove the skin route. Yes drilled out all the rivets. This allowed me to strip the vinyl from the skins.
I used aircraft grade paint remover to attack the vinyl. It made it possible to remove the vinyl in large sheets and pieces. then I used Lacquer thinner to remove the glue. Not too bad of a job.
I then used REJEX on the bare aluminum. Before re assembly, I sprayed the track that the skins insert into with silicon spray. This seemed to really help getting the skins back in place.
While the top skin was off and the lower skin was only held in place by the bottom most rivets, I was able to adjust the door, so that it better fit the contour of the door frame, for a better seal.
I had a shade shop make a complete new roller shade.
Getting the roller shade and the top panel in place takes some manipulating. I wanted to use the original rivet holes in the plastic inner window frame. You cannot rivet the inner frame to the door skin before inserting the top skin.
Biggest surprise was the presensence of "Duct tape" as shown in the pics.
I will take pics of the finished job and post them later. In the meantime here of some pics of diassembly.