Old 12-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
Well ... here goes... I just ordered the fabric. If it doesn't work, I guess I can always send it out to our daughter who quilts! You can see the fabric here:

http://www.homestead.com/favoritefab..._on_cream.html

http://www.homestead.com/favoritefab...ss_pltree.html

http://www.homestead.com/favoritefab...loonpatch.html

I also ordered a bit of matching blue for possible borders/whatever...

Again the first curtain to the right of the door will be full length blueberry. It won't cover the day/night shades so it won't be overpowering... (I hope) Then the entire curved window will have the short curtains..(we'll have to extend the track about 6-8 inches on both sides) and the end curtains then will be full length again. I want to use the track and slides that are there but instead of pleating the material, I hope I can make it just gather in ?? folds. I don't think I'll use the bottom hooks... Phil wants to use oak for the cornices.

The other two material will be for the pillows and possible placemats/table cloth/??

Hope that makes sense ... I usually think faster than I type so I leave out things! ha Please make suggestions!

Edee

Old 12-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
GSM Vehicles did ours

Here are a couple pictures of our 58 Sovereign of the Road in our bathroom. You can find other pictures on our blog - Sweet Sovereign of the Road

Take care.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath 3.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	50538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath 7.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	50539  

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Hi Edee. You can make the fabric 14 or so inches wider than the rail and when you add the tabs, about every 3 to 4 inches apart, they will pleat on there own. I cant wait to see the finished product.
Rob, you have a beatiful camper! Excellent work!
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
Clips for curtains

Can I get new "clips" to put on the new curtains so they'll fit on the slides?? I'd like to keep the old ones intact for if we ever have to sell the A/S they would be available.

Wait 'til you see what I chose for the liner for the blueberry curtains....
Old 12-11-2007, 10:31 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Edee, Check both InlandRV and VintageTrailerSupply.com for the tabs/clips for your curtains. They are also often listed on Ebay if you can find the kind that match the ones in your trailer. Make sure you only buy new ones as the elastic and plastic on old ones will most likely be brittle. Hope this helps with your search. Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
1964 24' Tradewind
Plant City , Florida
Send a message via AIM to SwampBillies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil/Edee
Can I get new "clips" to put on the new curtains so they'll fit on the slides?? I'd like to keep the old ones intact for if we ever have to sell the A/S they would be available.

Wait 'til you see what I chose for the liner for the blueberry curtains....
I have made curtains for our 72 and Stratmans 73. They each had a different type of tab, but I was able to find both of them at camping world. They don't keep many in stock, so I bought what they had to get started and then ordered from their website what I needed to finish. Inland also had them but camping world was cheaper.

I tried other types of hardware and ended going back to the original airtstream pleat and tabs. I couldn't get the fullness that I wanted with anything else. I love your materials

Debbie & Lewis Adkins
WBCCI #15754 --- AIR #18873
1972 - 31' Sovereign International (Betty)
1964 - 24' Tradewind (Glory)
2002 Ford F250 Super Duty
SwampBillies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #21

1967 22' Safari
denali park , Alaska
I'm wondering if anyone can help, I have a 67' safari that I live in during the summer in AK. I would love to change out the curtains with some heavier darker fabric but my dilemma is I don't know the measurements on the windows and I'm currently in UT. If any has the time or knows a website where I can get the measurements I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
Wow!

Have I ever solved one of our problems with the curtains!! You know how they say you can't wash A/S drapes?? Well since I have the new patterned material for new curtains, I figured, whatever, might as well try washing the old ones! We had one with water stains so that's the one I started with. Suds it up with Woolite and rinsed it several times... dried it out in the Florida sun and it looks great!!! Will need to press it tomorrow but it sure looks like new!

Also Phil figured out how to change the curtain configuration on our Excella.. so now the short wrap-around curtains in front cover the whole area of curved window ... and the long curtains are gone for now. We'll just use the day/night shades for the summer. WHAT a difference! I actually have some wall space!! I'll get pics tomorrow or soon.

Edee
Old 01-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Curtains

Can the existing curtains be taken out of a 2002 Bambi and washed in the machine? Is it a complicated process? We haven't been out yet in our new toy but I noticed the curtains aren't pristine, just clean enough. I prefer pristine.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
I don't know about machine washing ... but I hand washed ours with Woolite and they look good!! Even took out the water stains that were driving me over the edge.... They do have to be pressed after they are dry. Now... someone with more knowledge than I have will have to say if all A/S curtains are alike...??? Our trailer is a '99 Excella. Anyone???

Edee
Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Avondale , Arizona
Very Different Curtains

As I sit here at the computer, my wife is sewing up some "temporary" window treatments for our 68 Globetrotter. After 15 years of non-use, the previous coverings disintegrated. We just took the old girl out last weekend and got tired of stuffing sheets and the like into crevices around the windows, so she measured and cut some fabric left over from doing coverings in the house to make "Roman Shades." I'll mount them to a 1x2 or something similar, and screw that into the old aluminum track, stain, and mount a dowel rod through the bottom pocket that she is sewing, and create a decorative wooden "hook" to hold the shades against the walls. We'll be installing them this weekend, and I'll get photos online as soon as they're up. We plan on re-doing them later, with some "Sunbrella" fabric. No fading, and will do a great job of darkening so we can sleep in!! BTW, you can find the instructions for Roman Shades on the DIY Network Website, along with lots of other good ideas!
It was good to be out in the desert again with our Airstream!!!!
Don and Candy
Old 01-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1959 22' Flying Cloud
1969 25' Tradewind
1983 34' Limited
fairview , New Mexico
well, I am making curtains for a 69 tradewind, I have one problem< what kind of sliders go to the other windows? I have the one ones for the front window, which are on rollers, but the others look like they would take a large T, not the small ones. This is my second set of curtains that I fashioned from the original design. Any ideas what goes on the side windows?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #27
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Do you have a picture of the track? They may be like the ones in our 65 tradewind. I dont know if you can buy them any more. I would love to have new ones!! I will see if I can get a picture posted shortly of the ones I have.

you may be able to get the ones called large curtain carriers to work. Just order one pack and try them out. You can always sell them to someone who needs them if they dont work. Here is what they look like. They use elastic sewn to the curtain. you can order them from Vintage Trailer Supply - Vintage travel trailer parts and supplies!
Attached Images

https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
HINT for those of you whose curtain sliders are "sticky" or not easy to open/close the curtains by sliding the tabs on the tracks...use silicone lubricant spray (not DW40 because it might stain)...use the little pipette squirter thingie that comes with the aerosol can...stick it into the track at the outter end, spray it lightly as you move along the track...your little curtain sliders will be much easier to slide!

TB

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote