Old 02-20-2006, 10:54 AM   #15
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Originally Posted by juel
...... As for the ceilings that feel sticky in these old trailers, I used Pro Marine Clean. It is the only thing you need and worked great. Forget all the other cleaning products you can buy. Marine Clean has to be rinsed off, but that is a minor problem.....
Juel, now that it has been a while since you used the Marine Clean, how does the vinyl look now? I've used a couple of different products to try and clean mine (they were in VERY bad shape from nicotene, etc.). I haven't really been able to get them completly clean, and after a couple of months, they look just as bad as before I cleaned them (disclaimer: my walls are still out of the trailer in the garage, not yet re-installed). I'm concerned about delaminating the the vinyl from the aluminum if the cleaner is too harsh.

Thanks for the help.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
I'll try to get some pics this spring , right now it's in winter mode .This has been a 20 year love affair , the first 10 was lusting after it . It was in a field not far from me and being used as a summer camp. Finally met the owner and made a deal in '96 , have been tinkering on it ever since. After moving the mice out and a week of cleaning it turned out to be in pretty good original condition.Have done numerous take apart-clean-put back together projects .Right now it is very road worthy and all system are functionig. Inside I have to resolve the peeling vinyl and the platic T moulding along the credenzer and beside the refrigerator . Out side is good except for some peeling clear coat. Would love to have that redone . I like the look and the ease of cleaning .

Jim and Sue , the best cleaner for inside and out that I have found is Spray 9 , another good one is plain old Windex , good luck

ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote