Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2004, 09:53 PM   #1
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Day/Night Pleated Shades

Does anybody have Day/Night Pleated Shades? We saw them at the RV show in an SOB and my wife would like them in our AS, but they price out pretty $$$. Is there a better price than Camping World? Or should I say, "Does anyone have a less pricey source than Camping World?" Even with their member's discount it will be at least $70 per window and there are eight windows I believe.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:18 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
Does anybody have Day/Night Pleated Shades? We saw them at the RV show in an SOB and my wife would like them in our AS, but they price out pretty $$$. Is there a better price than Camping World? Or should I say, "Does anyone have a less pricey source than Camping World?" Even with their member's discount it will be at least $70 per window and there are eight windows I believe.
I have them in my '74 Argosy MH and I love them. I intend to build some sort of shadow boxes around them to give better privacy, since they don't hug the curved walls. You'd have the same problem with mini blinds, of course.

I bought mine last winter when CW had them on sale. The price was still fairly high, but I did save probably $100 or more on the six I needed. I've never seen them offered for sale anywhere else.

Bob McKeown
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #3
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Thanks. Does CW have this sale annually?
Old 11-01-2004, 10:52 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Thanks. Does CW have this sale annually?
Don't know for sure, but I suspect they may. As I recall, CW sent a sale flyer sometime in January with the blinds advertised in it. I ordered mine in February and they were delivered very quickly (less that two weeks - obviously a slow time for the blind manufacturer).

FYI, a 19x33.5" shade in camel/alabaster (non-blockout) on sale was $63.00 plus tax and shipping.

Bob
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:06 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Quote:
Does anybody have Day/Night Pleated Shades?
We got them as standard in our 30' classic. We love them. They don't rattle, and the light blockers really do work. The latest I've slept in a long time was with the light blockers down and the door closed.

I'd suggest you try to get them.

Mark
Old 11-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #6
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Thanks, I'll see if they are an option when we order and sign up for the catalog even if they are available.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Almost

The one thing I would change on my Classic is to have day-night shades all around. The shades in the bedroom are simple blackout shades without the day part. The result is that either the bedroom area is very dark or it is open to public view.

At our dealer's open house last weekend, they had cleaned out their storeroom and had a big pile of assorted day-night shades for $15 each. I carted sever over to my trailer, but, alas, none were the correct length.

If Camping World has a sale, I would like buy day-night shades for either the big back window or for both of the smaller side windows, preferably the big window.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
The day/night window shades are one of the features I like most in our '95. They are easy to switch and really do darken down rooms down for privacy at night and for sleeping in when on vacation time. I think they would make a great addition to a trailer without them--especially at a good sale price.
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:17 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Send a message via Yahoo to tnsue
day/night shades

Quote:
Hello to youall, enjoyed meeting you at Cloudland last week.]

Look on page 29 of the October Blue Beret down on the bottom. Fowler Interiors ad, they might be able to get you the shades, but I am not sure they would be cheaper.

But as you have read, they are great to have, and if you can see your way clear to spend the money to have them installed you will never regret it. I have them in my 1995 Excella that you checked out at the park. They are so easy to clean, just run the cleaner nozzle over them and that is it. I do not like venetian blinds, hard to clean and noisey.
tnsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #10
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Thanks TnSue, we really enjoyed meeting you and touring your coach.

I think these will be one option to definately keep in mind when placing our order. I thought I had seen them on the Classics, Excellas, and Limiteds but didn't know if they were after market items or available through Airstream or if you can also order them on the Safaris, too.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:03 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1979 24' Airstream Excella 24
Macon , Georgia
Talking Report of Day/Night Blinds on Sale at Lowes in NOV

Hey Ya'll
Leemo told me that he saw the blinds on sale at Lowes (Nov 2004). Sale lasts through November. I am going to get some for my 79 Excella 24' Motorhome.

Question: How do you get the new blinds to slide up and down in the old vertical tracks? Looks like I would have to install snaps onto the blinds and use snap-receiving G Ta bs in the tracks. Anybody figure this out yet?

Josephhh
josephhh is offline   Reply With Quote