Old 03-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #15
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-JH View Post
It's true that AS does not use the greatest quality on interiors. They are watching their bottom line. We tossed our flimsy, see-through pieces of cloth on both of our panoramic windows. We had two sets of lined curtains made by Greg at AZBambi Decors and are thrilled with the excellent quality. We'll post pics of our drapes on the AZBambi Decors thread when we get a chance.
Thanks for the information regars to AZBambi Decors.

We will contact them regards to a new bed spread, and maybe more.

SRW

Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-JH View Post
It's true that AS does not use the greatest quality on interiors. They are watching their bottom line. We tossed our flimsy, see-through pieces of cloth on both of our panoramic windows. We had two sets of lined curtains made by Greg at AZBambi Decors and are thrilled with the excellent quality. We'll post pics of our drapes on the AZBambi Decors thread when we get a chance.
I sent an email off to AZ Bambi Decors. They have a good looking web site, and I suppose that they are on the road, since they have not got back to me.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
SRW...

You were right...we were out on the road...at Roper Lake State Park near Safford, AZ...but we are back now and in touch with you via email...so we hope to be working with you soon on your needs!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Tucson , Arizona
We have a 2003 22' ccd and had problems with the cushions slipping. There is no velcro for the seats in that model year. Before trying anything more complicated I bought some of that non slip perforated, rubbery padding used under area rugs. I cut it to fit the entire seat base and the problem was solved - from constant irritation to "no worries" with very little cost or effort. Hope it works for you too.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
It's been our experience that the fabrics that AS uses on its cushions and curtains is not very good quality...they are flimsy, have no body, and don't hold up well to everyday wear and tear. You can practically see through the curtains and they do nothing to block light. There will always be a certain amount of "slippage" on cushions depending on how they are made and how they are used (if you tend to sit on the edge of a cushion, the fabric is more likely to slip), but it should not be a daily struggle to keep them in place...it can be minimized with a more appropriate fabric and a good fit. As to keeping some of Airstream's interior fabrics and color choices clean ... we often wonder what they were thinking.

TBRich,
I feel for you guys with these problems and hope you figure out a good solution. As far as saying flimsy, no body, and don't hold up well to everyday use, I don't see that for all Airstream models.
Most of my experience has been with an older Soverign model and now a new trailer, the quality of the cushions and curtains was very good and held up for over 20 years of traveling in the Soverign. It's too early to tell about the new trailer, but it looks to be better quality than the old trailer. I guess it all depends which model you choose to buy.
I would be unhappy to discover, after the fact, that what I purchased was sub par in the quality areas you mentioned.
Maybe a good solution would be to work a deal with A/S to upgrade your stuff because of the quality of what came with your model? I'll bet that for a fee they would be happy to do it. I'd ask for a reduced fee for all the trouble.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
TBRich,
I feel for you guys with these problems and hope you figure out a good solution. As far as saying flimsy, no body, and don't hold up well to everyday use, I don't see that for all Airstream models.
Most of my experience has been with an older Soverign model and now a new trailer, the quality of the cushions and curtains was very good and held up for over 20 years of traveling in the Soverign. It's too early to tell about the new trailer, but it looks to be better quality than the old trailer. I guess it all depends which model you choose to buy.
I would be unhappy to discover, after the fact, that what I purchased was sub par in the quality areas you mentioned.
Maybe a good solution would be to work a deal with A/S to upgrade your stuff because of the quality of what came with your model? I'll bet that for a fee they would be happy to do it. I'd ask for a reduced fee for all the trouble.
Bluto...Thanks, but it's not a problem for us...probelm solved...we have redone the interior of our Bambi several times over...we choose a different decor for every trip! See the "Inside Our Bambi" link in our signature...

You're right that older models seem to have started with better fabrics, etc...and they did last a long time...until sheer age caught up with them.

Happy trails!
Unit #3954
Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I checked out your link. Looks great! I bet you have a lot of fun just seeing all the posibilities with the design work.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Thanks...we have a lot of fun with different looks for different trips... We've been on a trip to the Mogollon Rim Country in Arizona for the last week or so...we are using our "St. Tropez" décor whihc is a blue ultrasuede with a patterned fabric for accents... Lots of fun!

Happy Trails...
Unit #3954
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Tucson , Arizona
We now have an Ocean Breeze but had similar problems with our 22' ccd. There was no velcro in the 2003 version. I opted for the "simplest solution" first and purchased those rubbery looking pads used under area rugs, cut them to size and this worked very well.
The problem seems to be the slippery surface of the laminate and the smooth fabric allows too much "play". Worth a try - not expensive, easy and it worked for us.