Old 01-01-2005, 09:32 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Thanks for all the help and the link to explain rivets. Thanks again to the forum, I enter 2005 with new understanding about our A/S! As for the curtains, a success story. I went back out to the trailer, determined to figure out how to deal with this seemingly simple operation, and it was simple! Standing on my head and looking up under the track, I found a screw (see, I understand those things!) that I removed and~voila~off came the curtains. (Had to do this twice-top and bottom tracks). So next was that ugly brown stain running like a mountainscape across the fabric. I tested a corner with Shout, no disintegration or face, so I poured it all over the curtain, tossed it in the washer on warm, and it spun away! When I took it out, the stain was hardly noticeable. I was afraid of the dryer, shrinkage, so I dried it over night over a towel on a chair, and today I plan to steam press some pleats back in, and it should look better than the others Guts and glory! Thanks, all.

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 09:36 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Well done!

Old 01-01-2005, 11:53 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
My "redo" hardly compares with the real heroes of the forum: floors, belly pans, frames-off, body reattachments. . .but it was satisfying to me Next adventure, the droopy ceiling fix described on the forum lately. Just hope we don't hit the wiring or screw out the roof of Gypsy. We go in armed with lots of advice, once more from the Forum!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:26 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

I just saw your request for info on curtain cleaning, replacing,etc. I had the same problem this past summer and finally noticed some screws as you did and were able to remove most with little trouble. One area I had to cut the track off some to get tabs out. I washed mine and hung them to dry. Most stains were removed and no disintegration to fabric. Minor shrinkage, but I still like the end results. I also like the quality of the original curtains in that they are lined, but not with insulated material, so it stores better. When reinstalling, I tightened by hand stitching some of the original elastic and replaced tabs as needed. I recently posted "after" pictures where you can check out cleaned, rehung curtains. Good luck on further refurbishing. We hope to reupholster this summer and redo the floors.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #19

We have a 72 Safari and have started doing the cushions. We've taken apart one side to use as the pattern, but are a bit confused as to what sequence to sew the parts together due to "attaching" of the top cushion to the bottom cushion (we are doing the bunks). We've just put in the bottom zippers, now, we 're wewondering...what comes next? attach the piping/welting, then boxing? and when do you "attach" the bottom pieces to the single top? I hope this makes sense to someone who has done this.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:17 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Learning curve

Complete each cover separately then join the two as almost the last step. Join them right sides together, then reenforce/topstitch that seam from the outside.

My set-up is a little different as I used one piece of fabric for the seat and back surface but I think I understand what you are asking.

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote