Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2003, 07:39 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Coloring original curtains in A/S?

I have a 1992 Sovereign and want to color the curtains of the windows, because I do not like the original grey color. I was told that coloring is not possible when the curtains are synthetic material, only when they are cotton. So does anyone know if these curtains are synthetic or cotton?
And does anyone have experience coloring the original A/S-curtains?
Hans
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:22 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Well folks, it happened. Now after having colored it, it shows, that the front side of the curtain must be 100% synthetic, as it took absolutely no color, while the back is cotton, as it colored completely. Since coloring curtains is a job of the ladies (as was also done by mine ), and this community probably consists of a majority of guys (is it so?), I did not get too many answers to my question
Hans.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Thumbs up Replacement drapes

Hans,

Jim Ambruso makes replacement drapes for A/S and he offers many different colors. He will send you a sample of the material and colors.

You can reach him at info@jpadrapes.com

I had Jim make the replacement drapes for my entire A/S, they look great and they are holding up very well.

I got the ones that are machine washable!

John

p.s. lead time is about 8-10 weeks
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:40 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

john
thanks a lot for the info. What where the approxim. costs of this?
Hans
Old 01-20-2003, 02:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Price

Hans,

For the complete job: front & rear rap-around windows, plus 6 individual windows: $855US

It's not cheap, but they're well worth it.

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote