Old 04-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
2002 31' Classic
Caledon , Ontario
Cleaning day/night blinds

How do I clean day/night blinds? The back window blind has some mildew on it and I need help as to how to clean it.
Looking for answers or suggestions.

Optimist Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
The only way I know of is to take them to an "ultrasonic blind cleaner" in your area. They have a solution sorta like cleaning jewelry which lifts off the dirt and stains and is "touchless" in that it won't grind the dirt in from rubbing.

A friend had his stick house blinds done for about $15 each, on average (depending on size).

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
1997 31' Land Yacht
Mahone Bay , Nova Scotia
A little late, but in case you haven't already cleaned them, a soak in the tub with a good amount of Oxyclean may take care of it for you. We didn't have mildew, but ours were dirty and had some stains. For the blinds too big to lay down in the tub, I took them outside on the picnic table (I covered the table with plastic first) and scrubbed them with the same solution. I air dried them all outside, and they are now very presentable.
wheelygoode is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search