Old 08-02-2002, 04:39 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Here are my shower curatin tabs...don't know if they are original or not...they work great! They are plastic and measure about 5/8"-3/4" in length...they kinda remind me of a "hot melt glue stick" type plastic. The round/thicker part that fits in the track is just over 1/8" in diameter.

Shari

P.S. I will be updating my webpage to show more of the "shower-curtain mini-project" soon.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2002, 04:53 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Shower Curtains

I have been following this thread with great interest since I am unhappy with the shower curtain in my new International.

I had a similar shower curtain in my last trailer and replaced it with a thin Vanilla-colored, fabric curtain I bnought at Wally-Mart. The replacement was expensive as shower curtains go, but it was much less bulky than the crinkly plastic one and actually dried much faster than the one it replaced. The fabric curtain was soft and draped nicely out of the way.

Since my trailer is new, I should be able to remove the hangers from the present curtain and attach them to the replacement. I hope I have enough.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 09:24 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
Plano , Texas
Shari,
I really like your 1/2" blind solution over the sink. Do you happen to have the measurements of the blind you installed? (We have a 65 Caravel and want to double check our measurements before ordering.)

Also, did you consider a blind in the bath area? We are concerned that a drape will get wet when showering and will get moldy.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 01-27-2003, 11:56 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Smile Shower Curtain

I did go ahead and replace the Airstream supplied shower curtain with a vanilla-colored fabric curtain I bought at Wally-Mart. The new curtain is much softer than the crinkly old curtain and stows more neatly. I removed the sliders from the old curtain and bought several additional sliders at the dealer since the new curtain is quite a bit larger than the original. It was easy to sew the sliders and a strip of white velcro fuzz to the curtain.

The new curtain has little suction cups along the edges. It is big enough that I can stick the suction cups to the shower wall and completely cover the commode in my wet bath as well as attach it further around on the front wall. As a result, my wet bath is now a semi-dry bath. If I am a bit careful aboout where I aim the spray, the bathroom stays quite dry.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 01:51 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Keith ~

I don't remember the exact size of the mini-blind off hand and Maxwell is "hibernating" right now. I believe it was about 30" wide x 24" high, but I would suggest measuring your window anyway because, from my experience, even if the trailers were the same model & year, the windows could be different sizes. We were at a rally this last summer with thre "exact same", '64 GlobeTrotters, and each of them were different.

With regards to the bathroom...we haven't had a problem with the curtain getting wet (or moldy, but we are in arid Colorado, not much mold anywhere)...but we are both adults, (no kids) and are careful not to get it wet. We went back and forth on the drape vs blind and decided to go with the drape for now, who knows, we may go back & put in a mini-blind someday. The concern with the blind was water spots & corrosion or rusting of the mechanism. Another thought we had and may do someday is a roller shade....for now the drapes are fine.

Does your Caravel have a separate shower compartment off to the side or is it the kind that includes the whole toilet area in the center of the room? I would think this could make a difference too...does the window area get drenched or is it off to the side (like ours).

I have more pictures & descriptions on our webpage (www link below) as well as a link to the supplier of our blinds in the "During" section.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Shari
Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Anyone know where replacement for original AS blinds can be bought??

Thanks,

Tags
1964, 1964 safari