Old 10-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Antlers , Oklahoma
Beds

I live down in Southeast Oklahoma and there are not many mattress factories around. I am trying to fine new matress' for my Overlander. It takes twin. I put normal twin mat. in but they are very heavy. Looking for something lighter. Any suggestions.

2006 GMC 1500 SLE Crew Cab
5.3L V8 Towing Package
Equal-i-zer E2

AIR # 40365
TAC # OK-3
mwells4654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Mattress ideas

A foam mattress. You can order any size, firmness & thickness you want. Their prices are pretty good. Free shipping too. Or check to see if there is a local foam distributor in your area to buy it locally. The better foam types have a higher density= longer lasting.

Foam Factory - Wholesale polyurethane foam sheets, acoustical foam, eggcrate convoluted foam, memory foam,

Conventional Foam Mattresses, Standard Foam Mattress, Custom Sized Mattreses, Proper Support (same company as above, just different website where you can calculate custom sizes)

FOAM TYPES

Poly Foam
A medium firmness foam suggested for occasional use. Poly foam can be used for cushions, mattresses, as well as packaging and crafts. Foam has a typical life of 1-2 years. (Poly foam is a 1.3 lb/ft3 density with a 39lb ILD)

Super Soft Foam
A soft foam suggested for regular use. Super soft foam is suggested for the back of sofa cushions, baby mattresses, and mattresses for individuals with bed sores. Foam has a typical life of 5 years. (Super Soft foam is a 1.2 lb/ft3 density with a 15lb ILD)

HD36 Foam - High Quality
Medium foam for regular or heavy use. HD36 Foam - HQ is a high quality foam suggested for seats, chairs, cushions, benches, and mattresses. Foam has a typical life of 16 years. (HD36-HQ foam is a 2.8 lb/ft3 density with a 38lb ILD)

Lux Foam - High Quality
Firm foam for regular or heavy use. Lux Foam - HQ is a high quality foam suggested for seats, chairs, cushions, benches, and mattresses. Foam has a typical life of 16 years. (Lux-HQ foam is a 2.8 lb/ft3 density with a 55lb ILD)

HD36 Foam - Regular
Medium foam for regular use. HD36 Foam - R is suggested for seats, chairs, cushions, benches, and mattresses. Foam has a typical life of 7 years. (HD36-R foam is a 2.0 lb/ft3 density with a 38lb ILD)

Lux Foam - Regular
Firm foam for regular use. Lux Foam - R is suggested for seats, chairs, cushions, benches, and mattresses. Foam has a typical life of 7 years. (Lux-R foam is a 2.0 lb/ft3 density with a 55lb ILD)

Mary

Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
http://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

http://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Antlers , Oklahoma
Thank you very much - this is exactly what I was looking for.

2006 GMC 1500 SLE Crew Cab
5.3L V8 Towing Package
Equal-i-zer E2

AIR # 40365
TAC # OK-3
mwells4654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Your very welcome! Glad to help.

Mary
Forums member #29232

Old 10-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Mary, I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for posting the link to the Foam Factory. Susan and I have been trying to decide what to do about our mattresses for about a week now. I called the Foam Factory folks at lunch today and a very nice lady stepped me thru the product line and helped me decide what we needed. Seems like maybe a small business/family business. The kind of place where you get great service!

The best part? Total delivered price was only $156. Amazing.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Mary, I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for posting the link to the Foam Factory. Susan and I have been trying to decide what to do about our mattresses for about a week now. I called the Foam Factory folks at lunch today and a very nice lady stepped me thru the product line and helped me decide what we needed. Seems like maybe a small business/family business. The kind of place where you get great service!

The best part? Total delivered price was only $156. Amazing.

Jim

Great! Glad you found what you needed. That's one less thing that you can check off your to-do list . Just 999 more to go?

Mary
Forums member #29232

Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryw164 View Post
Great! Glad you found what you needed. That's one less thing that you can check off your to-do list . Just 999 more to go?

Mary
Jeez, it's almost like yer a mind reader. Yep, there are UPS and Fedex planes orbiting all over North America right now waiting to deliver all the "stuff" I've ordered in the last couple of weeks. We're on a tight timeline to make the Fall Rally in the N. Georgia mountains in a couple of weeks. Finding your post in this thread was a Godsend! Thanks again, Karma coming at cha.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Jeez, it's almost like yer a mind reader. Yep, there are UPS and Fedex planes orbiting all over North America right now waiting to deliver all the "stuff" I've ordered in the last couple of weeks. We're on a tight timeline to make the Fall Rally in the N. Georgia mountains in a couple of weeks. Finding your post in this thread was a Godsend! Thanks again, Karma coming at cha.

Jim

You are too kind . Looking forward to seeing all your results/updates. How's that sticky paint issue doing? Holding up with your fix?

Mary
Forums member #29232

Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryw164 View Post
You are too kind . Looking forward to seeing all your results/updates. How's that sticky paint issue doing? Holding up with your fix?

Mary
So far so good. The bedroom has been good since I topcoated with the polycrylic (about 2 months now). I'm at the point where I think the Sherwin Williams guys provided the right fix. I've got so many other things going on right now with the refurb I haven't gotten back to that issue. We actually have plans to go camping this month and next month--for an entire week! So I'm trying to take care of the more immediate issues. Watch the Full Monte thread for more stuff in the coming days. After 5 years of working on this thing, we finally have a real, no kiddin', AIRSTREAM!, instead of a hanger queen.

Jim

Air No. 6427