Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
Bathroom Wall Shifted

We noticed last season that our bathroom door was closing rather tightly and finally it wouldn't close at all. I gave a push to the wall where the hinge is and it moved a little and we were able to get the door closed again although I had to remove the striker to do so. We had a list of little things that we wanted the dealer to look at and this was one of them. Turns out that the wall was never attached to the floor. Must have hit a bump somewhere and it moved. Does anyone know what they do at the factory to attach the wall or are they free floating? I also figured that I should get the alignment checked since a bump that would move a wall could do something to the running gear as well.
Happy travels.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
Didn't get any reponses to my original post. Come to find out the screws that were used to "attach" the walls to the floor were not long enough. Nice.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
A lot of the wood screws that are driven into particle board panels are too short. If you ever have the closet or cabinet doors fall off (see background story in link below), you'll see that the hinge mounting screws are too short, too. To reduce chances of future/recurring problems, we have replaced many of the short wood screws with longer hardware, or drilled the holes through and replaced screws with bolts, nuts and Loctite, where feasible.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...ml#post1158902
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote