Old 11-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
Argosy Drape Question

We just brought home a 1978 6.0 Minuet yesterday!! It needs some new draperies and I am wondering where to find the little clips that slide on to the drapery rod and are sewn on to the draperies between the pleats. The upholstery is in good shape, but not attractive, so I will recover that as well. Any advice is appreciated!

Will post before pics soon.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
Welcome! everybody loves the 6M argosy!I just got one too.I would make a list and take a drive to Jackson center,take a tour [just for fun] and get all my stuff there.Or call andy at Inland RV. Have fun with your trailer!

Bibbs

Old 11-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of Argosys... once you have one you are hooked... these curtain tabs can be bought at any Camping World or check Outdoors mart...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
Welcome Diego! Congrats on your Argosy!

Your Imagination is your limit!

Heres the link to the two styles of tabs:

Curtain G-tab 700045-01 [700045-01] - $0.31 : ODMRV , Out-of-Doors Mart

Curtain T-tab 700044-01 [700044-01] - $0.31 : ODMRV , Out-of-Doors Mart

Good Luck. We opted for a complete different style with ours, my wife wanted a parlor look.....

Al
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
--Mark Twain
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
what color are you going to use for the new drapes? Mine are a medium brown Ugh!. With dard brown cushions and medium brown drapes and dark wood colored walls, the trailer looks like a cave!!!! The drapes are well made with a liner thick enough to prevent sunlight into the trailer, Its just too dark.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington State
Welcome and Congratulations on the new Argosy! We bought our 27' in Sept 09. I am at your stage - What to do for curtains as well. I want the "living room" to have one feel, the kitchen another, the "bedroom" another with the Bathroom its own as well. We are replacing the carpet this next month with hardwood floor looking linoleum. Once this and the final thorough cleaning is complete then comes the fun - decorating. I will watch for your pics!
Judy

http://www.youtube.com/Empresspublishing

http://thoughtsfromwisdom.blogspot.com/
JLJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #7

1973 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Centerville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
We just brought home a 1978 6.0 Minuet yesterday!! It needs some new draperies and I am wondering where to find the little clips that slide on to the drapery rod and are sewn on to the draperies between the pleats. The upholstery is in good shape, but not attractive, so I will recover that as well. Any advice is appreciated!

Will post before pics soon.
You can order these t tabs from Tom Rapers in Richmond, IN. they have many of the difference types of Curtain Carriers in their catalogue. I have made lined drapes and reupolstered to Argosy trainers this past year getting the curtain carriers from them.

Hookshot
Old 12-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Westfield , Indiana
I found and ordered some drapery and upholstery fabric from JoAnn's when it was 50% off. The upholstery fabric is chocolate brown, dark tomato red, lime green, and an light orange color that will go with the orange countertops we have. I know it sounds gross, but it's really cool with circle designs in it. It's kind of retro, kind of modern. The drapery fabric is a green stripe and looks really cool with it. I got enough of it to make a shower curtain, too. Our walls are an oatmeal color and I am really excited about getting started on it next month. I'll post before and after pics for sure!!