Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2003, 07:54 PM   #1

A/S entry mat

Wasn't exactly sure which category to post this, but this one seemed to be closest to the subject. A friend recently invited me to see her "new" 92 Excella. It has an A/S entry floor mat that is really neat. I'd love to find one like it. It is grey, has a black rubber backing & border, and in blue script lettering has "Airstream" (what else?) written across the middle. The size is 26 by 18. If anyone has any suggestions where I might find one of these, I'd sure appreciate it.
bjstewart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
A/S entry mat

Greetings!

Welcom to the Forums!

I believe that the entry mat that you are searching for is available from Airstream. Check the Airstream Store at the following link for a mat similar to the ones that I purchased at the 2001 WBCCI International Rally.

Airstream Logo Entry Mats

These mats are quite durable, and seem to clean well.

Good luck with your search!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:40 PM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Entry mat

My dealer stocks them. Aropund $15, which I don't think is too bad a price.

One mat came with my trailer. It is a mixed blessing since it wants to skate around on the carpet. Currently, I have screws in two corners to keep it in place. Makes me wonder why they don't put little fingers on the back like car floor mats have.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:42 PM   #4
Contributing Member

BTW

bjstewart1

I see your location is Texas. The dealer in Buda had the mat last time I was in.

Why not add a location in the state in your profile. Texas is bigger than all New England and it is nice to know which part someone is from.
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-16-2003, 11:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Talking Size matters?

John,

As big as Texas is, remember that there's another state in the Union that's TWICE the size of the 'Lone Star'..lol

ciao
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 06:05 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
53fc,

I'm looking at my U.S. map on the wall and from what the mapmakers drew up Texas looks to be the biggest state.

There is a smaller piece of land, the tip of northwest Canada that they tucked into the bottom lefthand corner, where some eskimos live, is that what you're talking about?

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 06:33 AM   #7
Contributing Member

Re: Size matters?

Quote:
Originally posted by 53FlyingCloud
John,

As big as Texas is, remember that there's another state in the Union that's TWICE the size of the 'Lone Star'..lol ciao
I did some extensive flying over Alaska in a C-119 in my USAF days. One thing I learned is that you don't really expect any one to be living in about 95% of the state.
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-17-2003, 08:00 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up I knew it..

Alaska

When the debate was going on in the late 50's about it's admittance into statehood, the biggest segments. Of the debate was from Texas..."They wanted it divided into two parts, reasoning being. They didn't want to be second largest till it was pointed out, that, if divided. Texas would not be second in size but THIRD~!"
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:47 PM   #9

A/S entry mat

Thanks to all who took the time to respond. From your suggestions, I did locate one and they are UPSing it to me tomorrow. Thanks for your time.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:00 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Costa Mesa , California
Well, where did you find it? I think I could use one. How much did it cost?

Thanks!!
Old 07-17-2003, 05:48 PM   #11

A/S entry mat

Hi Jim,

I tried the A/S web site, but they give very little information - nothing about the backing and no mention of that all important criteria, size. They did post a picture tho. The charge on that A/S web site is $15.29 if I recall correctly.

Since the anti-skid rubber backing was important to me (pergo flooring), I needed to speak with a sales person. One forum gentleman had mentioned a dealer in Buda, TX. I located the dealer he was referring to, Camper Clinic (512-312-1478) and actually got to speak with a live person. He was very courteous & knew his product. It does have the rubber backing & a rubber border 3/4 to 1 inch wide - total size is about 26X18 (he may have told me 28, not sure). Color is grey with blue lettering. Cost is $13.02 (this didn't include UPS charge - they don't use USPS). If this is of the same quality as the one I saw, I fully expected to pay about $60.

Hope this helps
BJ
Old 07-17-2003, 07:26 PM   #12
Contributing Member

Re: A/S entry mat

Quote:
Originally posted by bjstewart1
Hi Jim,

If this is of the same quality as the one I saw, I fully expected to pay about $60.

Hope this helps
BJ
I'll guarantee the one from Camper Clinic is identical to the one in my new International. They are nice carpets and I considered buying a second one.
WBCCI #9632
Old 07-17-2003, 08:42 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Costa Mesa , California
Thanks!!
I'm going to order one.
The people on this forum are great!

Thanks again!

PS I posted a thread in the exterior restoration forum on my motorized entenna if anybody has an idea on that one
Old 07-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

C-119 over Alaska. Small world, I too, flew over Alaska in a C-119 (I was a Loadmaster)--- ---

Size does matter. The Alaska Pipe Line --- will be used to transport ice from Alaska to chill our Lone Star Beer! Once ice is gone, Alaska will be size of RI!!

Thanks, guys/gals for making this a great forum. Hope to see some of you at the Airstream Factory gathering.

don
Old 07-19-2003, 01:03 PM   #15
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Don in E Texas
C-119 over Alaska. Small world, I too, flew over Alaska in a C-119 (I was a Loadmaster)--- ---

Size does matter. The Alaska Pipe Line --- will be used to transport ice from Alaska to chill our Lone Star Beer! Once ice is gone, Alaska will be size of RI!!

Thanks, guys/gals for making this a great forum. Hope to see some of you at the Airstream Factory gathering.

don
Don
Were you and your big orange truck at the Region 9 rally in Harlingen? Seems I saw a beg orange truck there, right on the street where you come in.
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #16
Rivet Master

hot melt craft glue

we had a throw rug that kept slipping on our wood parquet flooring in the AS MH...my wife added some hot melt craft glue to the underside of the rug and it hasn't slipped since. She used about 1 stick of glue.

I imagine you could use some silicon in strips along the backside also if you had some handy.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

forgot to mention

Make sure you let it (the glue or silicon) fully cure before flipping over onto your floor...wouldn't want the doormat or rug permanently attached to the floor...kind of defeats the "throw" aspect!)
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:42 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
I have been using clear 100% silicone on the back of 'throw' rugs for a long time. 5+yrs. I usually spread it thin with a spatula of some kind & have had great success with this. The half-round beads tend to come loose sooner and not provide as much resistance area. I do make sure it is fully cured (dry) before turning it over! ...Come to think of it, if you turn it over while.....never mind, just kidding !
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:42 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
The Flying Boxcar thread

John Irwin & Don in E Texas,

Were either of you ever through the C-119 base at Chateauroux, France? I was finishing 5th grade in spring of 1960 when we got transferred. Charles de Gaulle had put the writing on the wall. My dad spent the next 5 years instructing ROTC at Aggieland.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:22 PM   #20
Contributing Member

Re: The Flying Boxcar thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Canoe stream
John Irwin & Don in E Texas,

Were either of you ever through the C-119 base at Chateauroux, France? I was finishing 5th grade in spring of 1960 when we got transferred. Charles de Gaulle had put the writing on the wall. My dad spent the next 5 years instructing ROTC at Aggieland.
I landed at Chateauroux and just about every other base in France where a T-33 would fit. I was flying airplane parts, dispatches, VIPs, and just about every other thing that would fit in the airplane.

That was before I flew the C-119 in the Reserves.
WBCCI #9632