Old 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM   #15
Silver Hilton
1959 24' Tradewind
Astoria , Oregon
Topazken -

I'm in your backyard in Hillsboro, and would like to see how this wall treatment looks. Please let me know if you give tours of your trailer.

Mark Wiltrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
1977 31' Sovereign
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Cutting and attaching

Originally Posted by Swanny
Ken---Thanks for the directions to this page. On another note, how did you attach this aluminum sheet? I'm going to order this to spruce up our interior a little but wasn't sure if you used adhesive to place this on the existing vinyl.

PS. I've ordered the 36 X 48 piece for our AS. Any suggestions on how to cut this to size? I have a jigsaw and was thinking about measuring for this and using a very fine blade to cut the aluminum.

Well, to be honest, I have not cut or attached mine. I ordered the medium thickness sheet and it is a bit too thick to cut with tin snips. If you ordered the thinnest sheet I would expect that the snips would work perfectly. WIth planning, any cuts should occur under covers like the window frames and outlet covers.

As for attaching... I installed the tile-like sheets in the bathroom and found that it took very little to keep it in place. The curve of the metal keeps constant pressure so all one needs is a way to hold it at the top and the bottom. I actually intend to use rivets. I cannot imagine that glue would ever hold it to the vinyl. I had origianlly hoped that I could run a sheed from the counter backspash all of the way to the beams that run the length of the trailer. Unfortuantely, is is farther than 4'.

I promise to post pics when I finally get around to it...

topazken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
1977 31' Sovereign
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Originally Posted by Mark Wiltrakis
Topazken -

I'm in your backyard in Hillsboro, and would like to see how this wall treatment looks. Please let me know if you give tours of your trailer.

I would be happy to show it but it is a long way from done. My intention to spruce it up turned into a complete gutting. I decided to go nautical with a navy and ivory paint scheme and lots of natural wood. The only thing left that is original is the fridge, stove and some of the aluminum trim.

Now the trailer is in Vancouver. I will keep posting as progress is made.

topazken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Originally Posted by mandolindave
Here are some pictures of my Argosy. One thing tho....Stainless steel
shows every finger print with extreme conviction. And, it costs an arm and a leg, and a few other very valued body parts.
Looks very cool, now the wife has seen it I have a new project to consider
'74 Overlander (T-O-Bee)
'46 Spartan Manor (Rosie)
'54 Cruiser (Bogart)
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:01 AM   #19
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Originally Posted by Swanny
Hey gang, since our aluminum sheet is enroute to us, I'd like to know how you attached this to the wall? Since the wall has the original vinyl covering, I'm not sure if this should be primed and than covered with an adhesive or what. Any input you can provide would be awesome!!

Rivet rivet
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member
1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
How Many Rivets?

Okay now that we've determined that riveting is best, what kind of spacing did you all use? Sorry for the simple sounding question, but I'd rather keep the number of 'extra' holes in our AS to a minimum. Thanks again

Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote