Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Grandville , Michigan
'69 Globetrotter Curtains

I am in the process of replacing all of the drapes in our '69 Airstream Globetrotter. I would like to have the new curtains match the originals. I have the oiginal tracks in place butI'm not sure how the original curtains looked. Does anyone know where to find specifications for the originals?

I need to know how many panels there were on the front windows and the width of each panel.
Were the drapes on the side and back windows also pleated (I assume from the hardware that if they were pleated it was only on the top and there was a cord of somesort that rtain against the trailer wall)?
What covering was used at the kitchen window? Was it a roller shade, if so how did it attach at the bottom to keep it against the wall? Were there also small decorative side curtains? The only thing that I have is a metal valence covered with fabric. It looks like the previous owners had a mini blind which attached at the bottom with two side tie-downs.

We would like to restore the camper as close as possibe to the original look.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1970 21' Globetrotter
Coeur d' Alene , Idaho
hi,

I just purchased a 1970 21' Globetrotter, all the curtains are intact (although I don't think the would stand up to any type of cleaning) The front curtain is two long ones that meet in the middle this are pleated and attached with hooks to little loops that run on rollers on a track both top and bottom. the side curtains are pleated both top and bottom and have sew in sliders sewn in between the pleats. this same system is set up for the rear street side window. Both the the back window as well as the kitchen window in mine have roller shades that have a ring sewn at the bottom that attached to a hook screwed in to the wall to keep it in place when down. I am in the process of moving, however this weekend I will be happy to measure the curtains as well as take pictures if you still need them. Best of luck to you folks and our restoration project.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1970 21' Globetrotter
Coeur d' Alene , Idaho
I just purchased a 1970 21' Globetrotter, all the curtains are intact (although I don't think the would stand up to any type of cleaning) The front curtain is two long ones that meet in the middle this are pleated and attached with hooks to little loops that run on rollers on a track both top and bottom. the side curtains are pleated both top and bottom and have sew in sliders sewn in between the pleats. this same system is set up for the rear street side window. Both the the back window as well as the kitchen window in mine have roller shades that have a ring sewn at the bottom that attached to a hook screwed in to the wall to keep it in place when down. I am in the process of moving, however this weekend I will be happy to measure the curtains as well as take pictures if you still need them. Best of luck to you folks and our restoration project.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Grandville , Michigan
Question

Do the front curtains extend the entire length of the track when they are closed? I have "stoppers" which tighten into place with a set screw, these have a single snap which attaches to the top of the curtain. Do yours have these "stoppers" for the bottom as well as the top?

I've looked below the kitchen window for sign that there was a hook for the blind and I don't see anything. Does anyone know of an alternate system for the kitchen window shade?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
1955 26' Cruiser Overlander
Yakima Valley , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
Kitchen window, it probably had a plastic housing for a roller shade. Our front curtains were missing when we brought her home, as was the hardware. Found it all locally through RV shops. Silverthreads did all the sewing on the curtains and made them to order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1793 (Small).JPG
Views:	90
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	81850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1758.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	81851  

LOOKING FOR A COUNTER HEIGHT KREFFT REFRIGERATOR!!
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
69 curtain rails and fasteners

Sorry for the big picture....it shows the rails and the rollers..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 curtain rails.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	81864   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 curtain rail.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	81865