Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1965 22' Safari
California , Kentucky
65 safari curtains restoration

Does anyone have pictures of original curtains (drapes) for a 65 Safari .Does the kitchen window drape come as one piece or 2? The snaps are placed well to the left of the window(between the stove and sink). Was the drape to slide over to this area when open? Seems close to the stove to me. The other windows (except front goucho) had an elastic band with snaps to hold the drapes close to the curved wall. I have those but no original curtains to use as templates. We are trying to do a restoration as close to original as possible. Any assistance apreciated. RiverRat

RiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1966 22' Safari
Weatherford , Texas
These might help a little

Here's a couple of pictures taken of our '66 Safari before we bought it. They show just a corner of the original kitchen curtains.

The curtains were in two pieces, and did have the elastic cord to hold the lower edge close to the wall. The snaps in the wall were at the outer, lower corners of each curtain panel.

I've thrown away the originals now, since they were in very poor condition. Used them as templates to make new curtains. I did make the kitchen curtains a little shorter than the originals (and moved the snaps up a little). Easier to keep that area clean, or so I was thinking.

Hope this is some help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0486.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	115250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	115251  

mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote