Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Bellevue , Washington
2019 Globetrotter Copenhagen Creme

We "just" upgraded from our 2017 International Serenity 25 to the 2019 Globetrotter with the Dark Walnut wood finish and "Copenhagen Cream" seating...which is truly a cream color. We are curious about how others with this interior do keeping the "Copenhagen Cream" seating clean. We are super excited to pick up this Globetrotter in the next week and we'd love to hear (1) how well it stays clean and (2) and how easy it is to clean if a granddaughter messes up the cushions. Traveling will be 70% just my wife and myself...but we love it when our granddaughters join us. So what is your experience keeping the Copenhagen Cream cushion covers clean?
dlykken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:24 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Congrats on the new Globetrotter! They're beautiful!

This appears to be what your upholstery is. It's called "Hitch" and it's different from the "Ultra leather" in the other Airstream's:

https://spradlingvinyl.com/catalog-patterns/hitch/

Another site with some more info on Hitch:

https://vyvafabrics.com/vinyl/hitch/

Here's the quote from the Airstream website Globetrotter (Design) page online:

"The multi-award-winning European coated fabric used for the Globetrotter’s upholstery, HITCH™, features a fine woven texture, subtle metallic tip print, and distinctive two-tone feel. HITCH not only gives the furniture a sleek, modern look – it’s also incredibly durable and stain resistant. So your furniture always remains beautiful and inviting."

It seems from reading this product web page for the Hitch upholstery, though, that it is very durable and stain resistant. Not a direct comparison but I can say this about my "Sandpiper" (white) ultra leather is it cleans up nicely and stains and scuffs come right out with a little soapy water and scubbing. In my opinion I think your Hitch will clean up nicely, too. The website above specifically says it's used in the RV industry (among others).
AlanMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Galena , Illinois
Is there any more update on how this material is holding up. We are in the market for the Copenhagen Cream in the Globetrotter but there will be kids involved. We are wondering how others are doing with this color with general upkeep, cleaning, and stain potential? Any info out there would help.
AirRookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
AirRookies, we ordered a GT in Copenhagen Cream but changed it to Slate because our Cairn Terrier travels with us and we didn’t want to cover the upholstery any time he was on it.

We did see a cream on a dealer’s lot and it had a fair share of dirty marks. That said, I’m sure it got abused by kids and people not paying attention. It’s very pretty to look at but we’re glad we went with the darker color. The HITCH material is really tough but comfortable to sit on.

I’m also interested to see what some Cream owners have to say after living with it for a while.

Good luck with your decision!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DECDB27E-E249-4EB5-90DD-F4FFE717E230.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	360656  
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
LABluebike

2021 25' Globetrotter
La Crescenta , California
Spradling Approved Cleaners

Yes! Yesterday we picked up our 2021 GT with Copenhagen Creme upholstery.

I just found this link on the Spradling website on approved cleaners. We will still probably just go with some very weak soapy water to start out.

https://spradlingvinyl.com/sim/wp-co...eaners-SIM.pdf

See you out on the road!
LABluebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #6

2020 25' Globetrotter
Los Angeles , CA
Smile Cleaning those cream luxury vinyl cushions (hitch?)

So i just picked the brain of one of the guys over at Airstream and asked him off the record... "how are you guys cleaning these? I won't hold you liable if I mess it up... just lemme know!"

He told me that they use a degreaser/water solution. 1 part degreaser 3 part water. He said be careful, if solution is too strong, you'll stain.

He said use microfiber cloths so you can really get in there without damaging and for the floor (luxury woven) he suggested using the same formula but even using a softer brush to scrub spots if you need to.

My first go: I was timid with solution and got timid results. Turned it up a notch and noticed a big difference on the seats. It will take some elbow grease but you will get results. Not perfect results yet, but I don't sigh in frustration every time I step into the Airstream, which was my goal. I could tell that if I really spent some good time with it, I could make even more ground.

With the floor, the brush really helped me get the spots and REALLY helped with the entry point which was most soiled. I'm sold on the cocktail.

So... at your own risk... 1 part degreaser / 3 part water. Degrease it with your own scrubbing energy, then use a watery rag to wipe all that degreaser and muck away and then a dry rag to make sure you have everything off cushion. Worked out for me.
champchild23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 27' International
2021 30' Globetrotter
Nashville , TN
We have a 2022 30' with the Copenhagen Cream on order and two large dogs. I would love an update to this thread from GT owners with this interior choice. How's it standing up? Hard to keep clean? It isn't too late for us to change to the Dublin Slate. With the two dogs, should we? Opinions, please!
ewor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:08 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Malibu , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanMcD View Post
Congrats on the new Globetrotter! They're beautiful!

This appears to be what your upholstery is. It's called "Hitch" and it's different from the "Ultra leather" in the other Airstream's:

https://spradlingvinyl.com/catalog-patterns/hitch/

Another site with some more info on Hitch:

https://vyvafabrics.com/vinyl/hitch/

Here's the quote from the Airstream website Globetrotter (Design) page online:

"The multi-award-winning European coated fabric used for the Globetrotter’s upholstery, HITCH™, features a fine woven texture, subtle metallic tip print, and distinctive two-tone feel. HITCH not only gives the furniture a sleek, modern look – it’s also incredibly durable and stain resistant. So your furniture always remains beautiful and inviting."

It seems from reading this product web page for the Hitch upholstery, though, that it is very durable and stain resistant. Not a direct comparison but I can say this about my "Sandpiper" (white) ultra leather is it cleans up nicely and stains and scuffs come right out with a little soapy water and scubbing. In my opinion I think your Hitch will clean up nicely, too. The website above specifically says it's used in the RV industry (among others).
Sorry but why do you even reply??

Real review: I bought the 27F Globetrotter with Copenhagen Creme because I wasn’t able to secure the last available Dublin Slate in the US fast enough before they were sold out in Fall 2020.

I thought I’d buy it and then change the upholstery myself to a fabric color I would like more. It was a hate / love relationship at first. The Copenhagen Creme makes the Airstream much lighter, on sunny days it makes you feel like you’re on a boat. At night it looks odd and borderline tacky. Like a Vegas strip club basically.

It gradually turned to a hate relationship as my dog would love to sleep on it. Spots are easily cleaned with Meyers Surface Cleaner and a microfiber rag. But the worst is that gradually some cushions turned darker and dirtier, like a faint gray layer. It looks gross every few days. I would then shower each cushion and start using harsher upholstery cleaners. The fabric is great and it comes all off but long story short, Copenhagen Creme is a no no if you have a dog.

I ended up switching to Dublin Slate when I was in Jackson Center, and never looked back.
CMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:31 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 27' International
2021 30' Globetrotter
Nashville , TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHM View Post
I ended up switching to Dublin Slate when I was in Jackson Center, and never looked back.
CMHM - Thanks so much for your reply. I was worried. It isn't too late for us to change. I'll call in the morning. I really appreciate your help.
ewor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:48 AM   #10

2019 27' Globetrotter
Roanoke , Virginia
I ended up switching to Dublin Slate when I was in Jackson Center, and never looked back.[/QUOTE]

So the factory swapped your cushions? How long did that take them to complete and what was the approximate cost for doing this? Thanks.
brambleview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 09:17 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Malibu , California
My Airstream was a case for lemon law in California, on top I got hit by hail and both the insurance and Airstream suggested to come to JC to have it all done. It was part of a deal we agreed on. The cushion covers are made by an external company that is also based in JC, and the covers are swapped easily. The backrests are the issue because they are mounted to the furniture. I think a good upholstery shop should be able to do the same job, the fabric can be ordered directly from the manufacturer. I think I overheard that it is a $6k job otherwise if done at JC.
CMHM is offline   Reply With Quote