Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pugetropolis , Washington
2011 Flying Cloud 25' FB mini blind replacement

When I look at the new Airstreams at the local dealer, I haven't seen anything that would make me want to trade up to a new model. I will admit to admiring the roller shades vs. the mini-blinds. My biggest pet peeve are the mini-blinds behind the sink (useless) and the bedrooms (not really private). I found Zarcor Solutions and the OceanaAire shades appear to be the direction I'm heading definitely for the bedroom. The kitchen portholes are still a question mark. Anyone have any experience with this-

http://www.zarcor.com/rv_market/clz_...portlights.php

I could easily use the roller shade but since the portholes really function more (in my opinion) as ambient lighting vs. useful window, the shutters look even easier with no space taken up. My other option is do nothing and spend the money on the motorcycle.
AL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
We looked at new Airstreams recently (FC 25RB Twin) and while the ducted A/C is tempting we love our Classic 25fb. The window shades are day/night shades by United Shades. We love the pleated curtains compare to the bland and boring flat curtains of the Flying Cloud.
We've decided to renovated our 25fb from queen to twins plus other upgrades instead. We didn't like the formica counter tops on the new Flying Clouds. The edges were not finished well and were very sharp. The Classic hickory is so much better than the FC cabinetry. We don't particularly like the bare aluminum walls either on later models. Mouse fur for us.

If we ever had to replace our Classic we would look for another Classic.

Kelvin
Old 07-23-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Yellowknife , Northwest Territories
We replaced our mini blind in the bedroom (at the head of the bed) with a roller blind to give the roller blind a try. So far we prefer the roller blind.
NorthernAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:03 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Manteca , California
We have these CloZures from Zarcor. for our portholes in the galley. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0649.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	449.3 KB
ID:	292183
There's a white curtain outside the windows so the picture makes it difficult to see the difference between open and closed. Get to enjoy the look of the portholes even when they're closed.

2016 27 Flying Cloud FB
2005 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4x4, Equal-i-zer Hitch, 4.10 axle ratio.
4riveteers is offline   Reply With Quote