Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakyjake View Post
Like to get a short trailer 16-20 ft, but notice the dinettes are in the front. ...
Why hasn't AS built a rear dinette/lounge on the shorter trailers?
Why haven't Airstreamers demanded a rear dinette from AS?

Thanks in advance,
Jake
The 20 is a nice compromise with dinette on the side and views most directions ...

Old 02-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Keg
Airstream does make a 20' with the dinette on curb side. The two large windows pictured are located at the dinette. This is our 2007 20' LS/SE. Great floorplan, great manuverability, and great views that are not of the back of our truck.
Great picture Pony Keg. I have the same trailer (2008) and love the floor plan with the curb side dinette and rear kitchen.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2012 16' International
2015 25' FB International
Milwaukie , Oregon
We have a 16ft and we really like having the bed tucked in the back. Somehow it just seems less exposed than being near the street to us. We did like the layout of the 20ft too...all have their pros and cons. I think ours is so small that with the panoramic windows on both ends you kind of have a good view no matter where you sit...or lay

The Small Small Trailer
valmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
The 2012 Airstreams offer a 25' either way, dinette in front or back, pano windows on both ends.

We chose front dinette and like it; the outward view issue is in reality of little consequence. Works well either way. We do like the privacy of the sunshade (rock guards) at our dinette/living area. We can see out but they can't see in, and softens the glare like sunglasses in the bright sun.

doug k
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Wasn't Snakey Jake limiting his consideration to 16-20' AS ???

Originally Posted by snakyjake
Like to get a short trailer 16-20 ft, but notice the dinettes are in the front. ...
Why hasn't AS built a rear dinette/lounge on the shorter trailers?
Why haven't Airstreamers demanded a rear dinette from AS?

Thanks in advance,
Jake
Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Yes mefly2 he did. My point is that the front dinette works very well, no matter how long the trailer.

By the way we also had a 2007 Safari 20' and it was a remarkable trailer. Wonderful for travel. We would still have it but are spending six months a year in Airstream now, and it was too small for our extended travels. Everyone has to admire that big kitchen of the 20'.

doug k
Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum
Yes mefly2 he did. My point is that the front dinette works very well, no matter how long the trailer.

By the way we also had a 2007 Safari 20' and it was a remarkable trailer. Wonderful for travel. We would still have it but are spending six months a year in Airstream now, and it was too small for our extended travels. Everyone has to admire that big kitchen of the 20'.

doug k
Yes, Doug- I'm with you. The kitchen is the best part about the 20' Safari.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Doug & Mrs. B-

Yesireee, my wife is smiling as we read this. The galley has a lot of space on either side of the stove as well as a double sink. D & B you are right on the mark. When we considered other possibilities we came back to the cook's preference ... and COOK, she does! The cinnamon rolls are to die for; she even likes me/us to grind our own grain for flour (but not in the AS)! Another plus -for us at least- was the openness in every direction. The 23 has double axles which we wish were on the 20.

Click on the second pic to see what we mean! Although we suffer from a bit smaller refrig, there is additional / attached space on top of the fridge for galley use as well. I am getting hungry; time for one of her home made chocolate chip cookies ... naw, maybe peanutbutter ... naw, maybe molasses ... naw ... one of each! OMG am I no longer slim!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS stove.sink 2011-10-09_13-13-56_301 (Small).jpg
Views:	119
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	151173   Click image for larger version

Name:	OnTheLot (5).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	151175  

Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2
Doug & Mrs. B-

Yesireee, my wife is smiling as we read this. The galley has a lot of space on either side of the stove as well as a double sink. D & B you are right on the mark. When we considered other possibilities we came back to the cook's preference ... and COOK, she does! The cinnamon rolls are to die for; she even likes me/us to grind our own grain for flour (but not in the AS)! Another plus -for us at least- was the openness in every direction. The 23 has double axles which we wish were on the 20.

Click on the second pic to see what we mean! Although we suffer from a bit smaller refrig, there is additional / attached space on top of the fridge for galley use as well. I am getting hungry; time for one of her home made chocolate chip cookies ... naw, maybe peanutbutter ... naw, maybe molasses ... naw ... one of each! OMG am I no longer slim!
Love, love, love it! Looks just like mine, only your counter tops and floor are nicer. I couldn't agree more that the cook's preference should rule! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Tags
dinette, lounge, rear