Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Yes, I think for now, I'm going to "let the ship sail". I agree that perhaps I could do a bit better by going aftermarket in terms of cost or performance, but you're probably right about agonizing over the details. I'm big on getting the job done, so I can spend more time playing and less time fretting the small stuff.

If and when we decide to go on extended travel trips, which will surely wait until retirement is near, we'll perhaps upgrade to bigger and better. At that time, I'm sure that I will be able to buy a solar array that's the size of my cellphone and will power all of Manhattan. For $100!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #58
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
Yes, I think for now, I'm going to "let the ship sail". I agree that perhaps I could do a bit better by going aftermarket in terms of cost or performance, but you're probably right about agonizing over the details. I'm big on getting the job done, so I can spend more time playing and less time fretting the small stuff.

If and when we decide to go on extended travel trips, which will surely wait until retirement is near, we'll perhaps upgrade to bigger and better. At that time, I'm sure that I will be able to buy a solar array that's the size of my cellphone and will power all of Manhattan. For $100!
GOOD choice..git' out and enjoy!!!

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Another thought for the portable or flex panels is GoalZero. We bought the "breifcase" unit that unfolds for emergency power. It is well engineered and constructed ... for temporary use but not as a permanent install.