Old 01-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #113
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Ask Richard how it should be done...

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
High tech ?

I like all the high tech I see in the desert here.Sure hope it slows down the globle warming so you folks in the snow belts dont get snowed in .
Photo 1 Note the solar panels,the 2 wind generators and at the right side the NEW thing a solar clothes drier.That the thing that has rope running between the 2 posts.
Photo 2 has a lot of solar panels even used them as awnings over the windows.Note solar even on the PU truck what kind of milage do you get with that? Miles/amp,Miles /watt,or maybe miles/Volt.Also look at the fine rock work in the front yard.
Photo 3 has solar panels but look at the rock wall he has made around his place.
Photo 4 Again solar panels and wind generator and one tall antenna.
Click on photo to make them bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	power 1.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	74743   Click image for larger version

Name:	power 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	74744  

Name:	power 4.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	74745   Click image for larger version

Name:	power3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	74746  

jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Qia

QIA (Quartzsite Improvement Association)is the back bone of the social life in Q.The QIA provides a community hall for various activities.QIA was incorporated in 1965.The first "Pow Wow"(Gem& Mineral show)was held in 1967 at the Quartzsite School.
The 43rd Annual QIA Pow Wow was held 21st Jan.through Sun 25th Jan.It is one of the largest Gem & Mineral show in the world.There are over 500 vendor spaces.Inside there are 50 display cases of beautiful gems,minerals and jewelry,plus a hobby and craft display.
The QIA has a large social event schedule from Nov thru March.They have something every day but Sunday like Exercise class,craft and open painting,line dance class,square dances,gem and mineral club meetings,pancake suppers,desert music,gospel music,potlucks, many special events and much more.
Their Schedules can be found in boxes like in the photo in the BLM LTVA.
So for you folks that are sociable this is a grate place to start when your in Quartzsite.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	QIA.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	74758  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
BIG THANKS to Jimmini!!!
When we discovered(last night), that our shower stall(accurate gray water tank level indicator) was FULL, it didn't take long for one of my two brain cells to ask "Where did it come from?"...yep, down to less than 20 gallons in less than a week(we have an 80 gallon tank, maybe 100?)...Mr Jim came along with his big fresh water tank, pumped it full with a break to refill at the station, and we're good to go...literally...
HINT: DON"T be terse with momma when a fresh water excavation occurs...it's the fastest way to a dishwashing event afterwards, that I know of......
Sunny, windy with a bite to the wind cured by using the unit as a windbreaker...Jim MADE me drink a beer before noon, so my eyes feel swollen...I'll go over for happy hour to see if I can make the rest of my body catch up
Another day, another Quartzsite...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #117
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Are you still there?

Hey Jimmini,

Are you still in Quartzite? We arrived today and are staying at "Roadrunner" section at Milepost 99. This is quite the place. Kind of like Burning Man for seniors! Don't think we'll stay long, but at least want to check out some of the activities in town before we head on down to Yuma, then to Tucson... and hopefully "the luau at DHSP". Can't beat the price in our section (free) and we see some of the humongous solar jobs near us that people flaunt on their rigs. Plenty of space between rigs, the closest to us must be a hundred yards. This place is truly incredible and we've only been here a couple of hours!

Jim

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:20 AM   #118
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Any where the wind blows me , California
Hi Jimmini,
I have enjoyed the photos and history that you have shared. I will be coming to the car show with my family this week end. I know you are boon docking but do you have any suggestions for a good place with hook ups?

Julie
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #119
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Hi Jimmini, glad to see the trip is going well. Are you finding warmer weather? It's 20 here this a.m..
Don and Claudia
Old 01-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm View Post
Hey Jimmini,

Are you still in Quartzite? We arrived today and are staying at "Roadrunner" section at Milepost 99. This is quite the place. Kind of like Burning Man for seniors! Don't think we'll stay long, but at least want to check out some of the activities in town before we head on down to Yuma, then to Tucson... and hopefully "the luau at DHSP". Can't beat the price in our section (free) and we see some of the humongous solar jobs near us that people flaunt on their rigs. Plenty of space between rigs, the closest to us must be a hundred yards. This place is truly incredible and we've only been here a couple of hours!

Jim
Mike and I will try and find you today or in the A.M.
We are just up the old Yuma rd about 3 miles on the west side 2 Classic MOHOMS and a Squaresteam
Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaojamjab View Post
Hi Jimmini,
I have enjoyed the photos and history that you have shared. I will be coming to the car show with my family this week end. I know you are boon docking but do you have any suggestions for a good place with hook ups?

Julie
Not really I know some stay just south of I-10 on US95 at first light after I-10 overpass turn east on Kuehn st that is called Rice ranch.Just after you turn look to your right you will see drive that goes into a area with some hook up.It is in walking distance to car show.If you boondock go down to MM 99 and roadrunner campground It is just before 53 st it is free.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Bambi View Post
Hi Jimmini, glad to see the trip is going well. Are you finding warmer weather? It's 20 here this a.m..
Don and Claudia
Yep good weather here 71F today. I am only 2 1/2 hours from home and it has good weather also.
Was slow day here in Q just set in the SUN with my drink'S.It a hard job but someone has to do it.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #123
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm View Post
Hey Jimmini,

Jim
Well Mike and I could not find you .I will PM you my cell phone #
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Q4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmini View Post
Yep good weather here 71F today. I am only 2 1/2 hours from home and it has good weather also.
Was slow day here in Q just set in the SUN with my drink'S.It a hard job but someone has to do it.
Will agree with the "hard job" part...stopped by Jimmini's this am, got my arm twisted into a BLOODY MARY, and I'm not entirely certain where the afternoon went, but it was pretty much gone when I woke up...gained a bit on the melanoma market, and I'll have to wash my feet, but all-in-all, another day holding down the fort for you folks that aren't here, yet. Once again, I both won and lost at horseshoes with myself...the golf game is temporarily in limbo, till I remember WHICH way I Tee'd off against myself...
The challenges are great, but I'm up to them, or able to get away...
Our nearest neighbors(2 of 'em) left, so it's kinda like...well...a desert out here...
Old 01-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
We were there.....but

We didn't find anything we wanted to buy, so we left at 11:30 a.m. Sorry we missed you. We headed on toward Tucson via Yuma. Arrived at Pichacho Peak SP at 6 pm and bedded down.
We almost bought a miracle wax that would keep our beloved CCD clean for 6 months...guaranteed.......and had several attempts to get us to eat cuisine prepared by various "chop-a-matics". What I really wanted to buy was a replacement for my hitch latch, but alas, no one there had one. We must have hit a "lull" in the action" becuz we had no problems parking or making our way thru the myriad of shops offering their wares.
Here are a few pics of the buys we passed up.
The last pic is one of the colorful characters who frequents these bargain bins !

Oh, and a final pic of our rig in the "roadrunner" section. We really did have fun!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN7225.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	74833   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7227.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	74834  

Name:	DSCN7221.jpg
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	74835   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7232.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	74836  

Name:	DSCN7217.jpg
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	74837  

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #126
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Quarzsite life style

Jim & Cheryl,
Nice photos thanks for posting them.
I can tell you now you have to slow down.The Quartzsite life style is slow and easy.You coverd way to much ground in to short of time yesterday.But worst of all you missed having a Bloody Mary with us.Or maybe that is why you left.
Slow down the road of life is short and you need to enjoy the view.
Hope to see you down the road at Dead Horse.That is if I can get out of the slow life of Q.