Old 07-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
why not just put the genny in the trailer, fire it up, and take a nap. Everything will be alright soon.
Because I was in Army & stubborn not snob like AF. no more name calling only marines more stubborn than army & I give them credit for this, ask army guys about nam. The marine chopper pilots were fearless. If any more said moderators will not be happy. All AF men are not snobs or slobs like the one wrote about.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #72
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
I'd hold off on running the generator unless needed. Then if you have to run it, as others have stated, try to place it out of sight.

My other suggestion is to put a boom box outside and turn up the music, not loud enough to bother anyone or attract unwanted park rangers, but just enough to help mask any generator noise.

I would also like a follow-up from the OP after they stay there, to let us all know how things worked out, or didn't.

Its a camper, therefore it leaks.
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #73
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
1986 32' Excella
1965 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
Newark , Delaware
As an officer of the Wisconsin Department of National Resources, it is my duty to inform you that this forum is being monitored and charges for conspiracy to break the law, unlawful use of a generator in a state park, mail fraud, and identity theft are currently being prepared at the state capital building in Madison. I'm taking every one of you perps down! ( I made up the identity theft thing, but I thought it sounded pretty cool.)
Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatooga11 View Post
As an officer of the Wisconsin Department of National Resources, it is my duty to inform you that this forum is being monitored and charges for conspiracy to break the law, unlawful use of a generator in a state park, mail fraud, and identity theft are currently being prepared at the state capital building in Madison. I'm taking every one of you perps down! ( I made up the identity theft thing, but I thought it sounded pretty cool.)
Wisconsin is now outsourcing its enforcement capability to the state of Delaware? :-)
Old 07-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you run your engine and your generator at the same time, maybe it will slip by.

It doesn't seem to me that you have it from the horse's mouth, tho, that there is no generator use at any time in WI state parks.

I, too, would like to know what the ultimate outcome is.

Maggie
Old 07-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Not exactly related but I've been to a state campground that forbids adult beverages. It appears to me that policy is meant to have a "big stick" for those who get unruly rather than a true prohibition. Those who have a glass or two of wine with their dinner or a few beers around the campfire aren't kicked out when the staff patrols on their golf carts - but the minute someone gets loaded and ruins the fun for everyone else, the rules are strictly enforced. I suspect this rule (like the 10 year old trailer rule) is just meant to provide leverage for the handful of folks that ruin things for everyone else.

I was at another boondocking campground that had generator hours. I think it was like 10 am to 2 pm so if you needed to charge your batteries or run the AC for a few hours to cool things off, everyone knew when you could do that. It was a good solution. Some ran theirs at 3 or 4, but no biggie.

Since I doubt you're a jerk (you wouldn't be worried about other campers if you were) I'm going to guess you'll be fine. Do let us know though! Good luck!
Old 07-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
OH NO!

I'll let you all know how it works out and if, in fact, others are running generators as well.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
If your campsite backs onto forest and not another campsite and put the generator back there behind the bumper I can't see how anyone can hear or smell it from the campground road. The Honda's are pretty quiet and if its not run in the early morning I think you should be safe. I think these rules were more likely for the 4k generators found in moterhome than for a small one for a trailer. More than likely they won't suspect one from a trailer if it can't be seen from the campground loop road. As long as neighbors don't complain.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #79
4 Rivet Member

2014 22' FB Sport
San Antonio , Texas
It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #80
3 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Bothell , Washington
Especially while you are paying a fine, lol. There's all sorts of forgiveness for your transgression, while you pay the bill. I would really hope that there would be some leeway on this generator deal. Crazy that the entire state is a generator free zone, that is ridiculous.

I would like to think that Airstreamers are more gracious campers than to "ask for forgiveness" and try to "play stupid", when it is clear what the rule is. Ignorance has never been an out when breaking a rule. I really do hope that you are able to use your genny, but I can't believe that camp hosts or rangers, or who ever is enforcing these rules is going to buy in on the ignorance defense, but i wish you good luck! Off the soap box now, sorry. Make sure to provide an update on how it turns out.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:05 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Remember you are dealing with the Wisconsin DNR, the same folks that did a huge sting take down operation on one little vet-petting farm that had a FAWN, young deer on the property that they were going to take across the border to an Illinois petting farm, but the DNR did their sting operation, helicopter in the sky with pictures, many armed game control officers, multiple fully armed sheriffs, almost a SWAT team. The officers went in, eliminated the threat, brought the FAWN out in a bag. In front of the children there.
The Governor doesn't have much power over the DNR. I wouldn't dare mess with them.
Apparently Wisconsin has a law against having a FAWN in captivity.
Giggles the Fawn Seized, Killed by Wisconsin DNR - YouTube

Armed agents raid animal shelter for baby deer | News - WISN Home

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Operating in "stealth" mode

Nevada Geo, I think you and I could become friends.

You have to wonder just who in a position of power thought that a raid for the effect of killing a fawn was a great idea,,,,, and wonder if this guy is in charge of the generator policy......

I suppose "rules are rules", and orders are to be followed.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I wonder if they ban the sale of generators in that state of Wisconsin if you can not use them there? Lots of folks in "power" in Wisconsin need glass navels to see where they are going.

If one has to initial a line where they state "no generators" on the park paper work when you arrive, then there is no ignorance of the rule. Would not surprise me that if the "boss" needed a personal generator, he would just confiscate a "rule breaker's" unit....

I never lost anything in that state, so no need to go looking for it. Cross it off the list of possible camping site states. I am tired of self righteous folks who think they are the second coming.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Switz, I think I want to be your friend also.

Very well stated By the way.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote