Old 07-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
Here's what you do,

Get a 6 outlet power bar and plug it in to your generator, place the generator way back in the woods.

Plug 5 yellow extension cords and one green extension cord in to the powerbar, the longer the cords the better.

Run the unobtrusive green cord to your campsite,
Route the 5 yellow cords toward other campsites.

When the ranger shows up look very unhappy and ask him what he's going to do about the rude campers with the noisy generator. While he follows the yellow cords to 5 dead ends looking for the generator owner, unplug and hid your green cord.

AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
I read the rule you posted and am curious: did you happen to ask the "property manager" about the super-quiet generators? Since the rules say that the "property manager" has full discretion, maybe they make exceptions. Some people are notorious for showing up with those contractor-type generators that make as much noise as a few lawn mowers.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edistobob View Post
I read the rule you posted and am curious: did you happen to ask the "property manager" about the super-quiet generators? Since the rules say that the "property manager" has full discretion, maybe they make exceptions. Some people are notorious for showing up with those contractor-type generators that make as much noise as a few lawn mowers.
No, I'm not there yet.....and it is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #60
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
When I camp at some of my favorite camgrounds in Shenandoah NP, there are sites where generators are allowed and those that are not. If I choose to camp in one of the non-genny sites I would feel put-upon (a useful southern term) if someone shows up and runs his genny.

Especially if his "need" is based upon his lack of planning.

Yes, a quiet genny is better than a contractor-grade, but not as quiet as no genny.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Understand there are NO gennie spots in WI, apparently. They are banned in all state parks....depending on the wording of the rule.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 07-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
Roy , Utah
Send a message via AIM to MYater Send a message via Yahoo to MYater Send a message via Skype™ to MYater
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
Understand there are NO gennie spots in WI, apparently. They are banned in all state parks....depending on the wording of the rule.
I love reinterpreting rules for my benifit!

1948 Airstream Liner 22'
MYater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
I have a quiet Yamaha generator and am always reluctant to use it. No matter how quiet they are, generators do make noise. When I want to use one it is with tenters nearby and I always feel that my noise generation is detrimental to their enjoyment of the natural surroundings.
Whenever some other camper runs their generator it bugs me because it is a steady droning sound. Not enough to complain but invariably they are watching tv. Not my idea of escaping to the great outdoors but that's another issue.
Two size 27 batteries are plenty for 3 or 4 days if you don't run furnace or fans too much. You do have to think about consumption though.
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #64
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Dig a hole back in the woods, big enough to lower the Genset into. There will be no sound discernable with the good machine you have.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Yeah, I don't dig holes in parks or other people's land. Good sound deadening idea though.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I have 2 group 29s. We'll see. My use won't be for TV. Only to re- juice if I need to.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #67
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
I was thinking you could say "I am obeying the spirit and letter of the law.. I am operating BENEATH the park!"
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
I was thinking you could say "I am obeying the spirit and letter of the law.. I am operating BENEATH the park!"
"chuckle" , I feel ya'

Old 07-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
At brick yard 400 several yrs. ago they parked me next to large class a M.H. had to manuver to get awning out.My door was right next to gen exh. that they ran day & nite had to run my honda 5000 that is a little loud & run AC, then Sat. morn. while eating break feast out side sewer pump out showed up I asked them to do a couple more then come back stated our s==t doesn't stink, out let within 3 ft. or our table end of out side meal. We booked thru camping world expensive & lots of room, no provision for handicap parking. End of camping world. This so called gentleman was recently retired Air Force enlisted man. Cannot say what I feel moderators would not be happy
Old 07-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #70
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
why not just put the genny in the trailer, fire it up, and take a nap. Everything will be alright soon.