Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #41
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
The optometrists around here all sell litle four-inch square pieces of it to clean glasses. They do a terrific job, but you do pay through the nose for them.

They usually throw them in when you buy new glasses, and I have never seen them wear out.

I have a very small mesh bag I throw them in when my wife (or I) do the washing. Just have to remember not to put them in the dryer, since we use dryer sheets too. They air-dry in the basement quite quickly.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
I believe that Airtandem is referring to a product called "The Absorber". I have several that I use for our cars and our boat. Did not think about using them as bath towels. I did purchase two microfiber bath towels at Whole Earth Provision Company this week. Leaving on a week long trip in the morning, we will see how they work. Will report back.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
Microfibre towels

We have one each and have used them seven years all over Africa, Asia, Europe, on the TransSiberian train trek, for some 40,000 plus miles RVing in recent years, and for a year in China. They are carried in a zip-lock-type bag. These are not so nice as a "real" cotton towel, but surpass any alternative. Some hours in the sun effectively sterilizes them to an extent. Pieces cut from them make handy face flannels and kitchen towels.
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Yes, they are the ABSORBER, I read this in the tip section from the Good Sam magazine.
I believe with the MF towels.there must be different types of MF, I have found some that do a good job of cleaning and drying and than some that leave a oily film.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Since I usually forget my towel at campground showers, I usually just run back naked to the trailer to air dry. This has been more of a fast walk since my knees got bad. Most people tend to leave you alone after this, be careful of the ones who do not! Don't tell my wife, she is usually still asleep when I do this and cannot figure out why people stare and are unfriendly to us! Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

2012 23' International
Sevierville , Tennessee
Jim, you could put one of these on the side of your trailer then you wouldn't have so far to walk and you might not scare as many neighbors. It's not the roomiest place to shower but it sure helps extend the use of the gray tank. Just be careful on breezy days.. . and don't choose a shower curtain that becomes translucent when it sticks to wet skin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1396131611.754769.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	208512Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1396131637.328748.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	557.0 KB
ID:	208513
Old 03-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
We bought Aquis Adventure towels for our Airstream in Graphite. The x-large towels are fantastic bathsheets. We also bought smaller sizes (M & L) as hand-towels. Sports | Aquis Microfiber After one season with these, we had to get some for our house too (Travel Towel X-Large - Travel Essentials | Official Eagle Creek Website) Both of these brands don't have a creepy sticky feel that some MF towels have. Also, as was already mentioned, they absorb WAY more water from my hair, which really cuts down drying time. Then, of course, we thought, "Hey, the dogs need these too." Basically, we've eliminated our cotton towels and have switched over to these.

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
1970 27' Overlander
SoCal , USA
I want to update the towel story: we are not traveling anymore and planted ourselves in SoCal. I needed lots of towels and guest towels and beach towels, and the best thing I found is Turkish towels, AKA peshtemal.

cotton: check
thirsty: check
large: check
compact: check
dry super-fast: check
handsome: check
inexpensive: not so much. But not bad.

We now use them in the AS, too. I have found them so useful I gave them for Xmas gifts. Here are some:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/bathstyle?...tion_leftnav_1

They are also sold on Amazon.
perri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:02 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
perri, Good info. Thanks for the update and the link. Looks like those are on sale now!
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote