Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Boondocking

Old 04-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #197
Rivet Master
1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Originally Posted by Air83 View Post
Has anyone tried to divert the urine to the black tank? Maybe place a hose and funnel under the toilet ring, instead of the urine bottle and put that liquid into the black tank. I’m thinking with vinegar also in the black tank to cut down odors this would work.
The entire idea is not to have a black tank.

andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #198
1958 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
near year NH update

After nearly a year of in-town boondocking with my NATURES HEAD things are surprisingly great still. The quality of the unit is great and no problems.

I see some people posting about the emptying of the pee jug. It's not a problem, i'd recommend getting a second jug for the odd night you forgot to dump it and you really gotta go. I have not had issues with odor of the pee jug- i put a splash of vinigar in there and shake it after dumping.

As for dumping the pee jug, i've usually dumped it and fertilized the plant life around me. Google 'urine fertilizer' and you'll find good info on this. The foliage around me has never looked better and thrives.

As for the poop base, not a big deal to empty, not smelly, not sludgy. I use coco coir, i got a big brick on amazon for 10$ and a year later not fully used. My experience in frequency of emptying is different though it seems. In 11 mos, i've emptied it 3 times (3mos). Also, it is important to hook up the fan and vent to the outside. On the vent ports I found that you have to put window screening with a rubber band over the inlet, fan outlet, and outlet to the outside. If you don't you will get a wicked gnat infestation in the toilet and in your trailer.

11 mos in and could not be happier with NH (also if you see the pic on the link i put it on some 4x4's and plywood to fit and gets it to a good height.)

Dave Ballard - Full Time Airstreamer WBCCI #4276
http://180sqft.drinkertoys.com/ READ MY AIRSTREAM BLOG
Electric Unicycle Rider (SBU)
labtopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #199
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Chillicothe , Ohio
This would be a plus for anyone who wants to be more efficient.
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:17 PM   #200
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
Rosemount , Minnesota
I can also say that our Natures Head composting toilet has worked very well for my wife and I. Here is a link to a summary of our installation into our 2015 19' FC: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f446...ml#post1821825

BoscoMN is offline   Reply With Quote

boondocking, composting toilet, diy, natures head, toilet