Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1952 15' Cruisette
Boise , Idaho
Idaho Boondocking

I got the Cruisette all ready to go for the Summer and me and boys decided to hit up some close by reservoirs and try our luck at catching some trout. We went up to Horsethief Reservoir outside of Cascade, ID. The fishing was AMAZING (check out the picture!!!). We all limited within the first 2 hours of fishing.

On the trip was a bunch of my college buddies and we got the nickname of “Man Camp” by the neighboring campers. We decided the next morning to head up McCall, ID which is about an hour away from Cascade so we could camp on the North Shore which is a remote area that few people know about.

Here a few pictures of “Man Camp” and I also updated my web album with some better quality pictures of my ’52 Cruisette. If you ever have the urge to boondock in Idaho’s wilderness…let me know and I will tell you where to go!

Picasa Web Albums - Matt - Man Camp
Picasa Web Albums - Matt - 1952 Airstrea...

Thanks for looking!

Matt
IdahoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Sounds like fun Matt. I have mine up in Pine behind Deer Creek for the summer. I like the campfire pics as that is what we like too. Just hope they don't cut us off too early this summer. Unless we get some rain, they will.
Funny about the "man camp" because the only stations I get in the Sawtooth is the man station and the oldies station. Hey, I drew 44 for bull elk btw. A foursome even, dang we got lucky.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I was just wondering if you left any trout? And were you able to eat all the ones you killed or are they on the way to the dump?????
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Nice camp; nice Airstream. Thanx for the pictures.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1952 15' Cruisette
Boise , Idaho
I don't waste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
I was just wondering if you left any trout? And were you able to eat all the ones you killed or are they on the way to the dump?????
I appreciate your concern but there are two other guys in our group that weren't in the picture, so it was more than the 3 pictured guys eating. And I should add that we are 25 year old boys that can eat and eat and eat... Nothing was left but some bones and empty beers
Old 07-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1952 15' Cruisette
Boise , Idaho
Very Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Overlander View Post
Sounds like fun Matt. I have mine up in Pine behind Deer Creek for the summer. I like the campfire pics as that is what we like too. Just hope they don't cut us off too early this summer. Unless we get some rain, they will.
Funny about the "man camp" because the only stations I get in the Sawtooth is the man station and the oldies station. Hey, I drew 44 for bull elk btw. A foursome even, dang we got lucky.
Thanks for looking and way to go for Area 44! I know that's the Smokey Mtn Zone but what town will you be hunting by? Did you get the draw that had 20 tags avaialbe or 175? Either way, for you and your buddies to tags is sweet. I will be doing my elk hunting in Area 35 up by Lowman.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
South East Idaho , South East Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
I do not mean to be rude or a a$$ H. and bend you out of shape in the least. But the correct wording is not killed it is caught.
Her in the west we consume what we kill or catch. We value our resourses to the max.
Grad67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Christmas Valley , Oregon
Matts A/S

Just checked out your 52 pics .Great trailer &in unbeliveable condition .Looks like good ground clearance that you could take anywhere.Is that stock? The new wheels look sharp!!!!! Real slow for fires so far .Have fun ,& eat lots of Idaho fish .Phil&Sam Krassel Helibase Idaho
Diesel Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #9
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Wow that is great about the fishing up there. We may get out that way next summer. My granny's family were prospectors up thata way.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1952 15' Cruisette
Boise , Idaho
Sorta stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Phil View Post
Just checked out your 52 pics .Great trailer &in unbeliveable condition .Looks like good ground clearance that you could take anywhere.Is that stock? The new wheels look sharp!!!!! Real slow for fires so far .Have fun ,& eat lots of Idaho fish .Phil&Sam Krassel Helibase Idaho
Hi Phil!

We have had the springs redone because one side was sagging a bit more than I felt comfortable with. We also went to the coast a few weeks ago and I will post some pictures shortly!

Thanks,
Matt