Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #29
Currently Looking...
Green Cove swprings , Florida
put a little marvel mystery oil in ethanol gas for the Honda generators it will free up sticky vavles

cgullseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #30

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY

I would be very careful what you add to the gas or oil of your generator.
A thimble full of stabil goes into the gas tank of ours before running the carb dry and draining the bowl prior to storage.

From a study of engine oil & fuel additives....

Detergents And Solvents

"Many of the older, better-known oil treatments on the market do not make claims nearly so lavish as the new upstarts.
Old standbys like Bardahl, Rislone and Marvel Mystery Oil, instead offer things like "quieter lifters," "reduced oil burning" and a "cleaner engine."

Most of these products are made up of solvents and detergents designed to dissolve sludge and carbon deposits inside your engine so they can be flushed or burned out. Wynn's Friction Proofing Oil, for example, is 83 percent kerosene.

Other brands use naphthalene, xylene, acetone and isopropanol. Usually, these ingredients will be found in a base of standard mineral oil.

In general, these products are designed to do just the opposite of what the PTFE and zinc phosphate additives claim to do. Instead of leaving behind a "coating" or a "plating" on your engine surfaces, they are designed to strip away such things.

All of these products will strip sludge and deposits out and clean up your engine, particularly if it is an older, abused one. The problem is, unless you have some way of determining just how much is needed to remove your deposits without going any further, such solvents also can strip away the boundary lubrication layer provided by your oil. Overuse of solvents is an easy trap to fall into, and one which can promote harmful metal-to-metal contact within your engine.

As a general rule of thumb these products had their place and were at least moderately useful on older automobile and motorcycle engines of the Fifties and Sixties, but are basically unneeded on the more efficient engine designs of the past two decades."

The gas tank and crankcase are much smaller on our Honda much to add is an obvious concern regardless of the additives effectiveness.

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
2012 19' International
Salem , Oregon
Use Ethanol Free

I use only real gas in all my small motors and it makes a world of difference. I run the gas out of the gas lines. No need for other products. I do know some areas don't have much access to ethanol free, so then you don't have a choice. However, if you can get supreme unleaded, your motors will do much better.
AirChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
After rereading the thread you may need to consider a large unit if your needs are hat great. I would research a specific model before jumping though. I would highly recommend Yamaha overall as they are direct drive not belt driven. Consider a tri fuel model that can run on propane no gumming and check the service life rating as it is a good indicator of the unit's life.
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #33
Rivet Master
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
While the Yamaha 6300 would certainly be adequate for two A/C units, I am also considering two Honda 3000 watt units matched up so they would provide 6000 watts. When only one A/C is needed in boondocking only one generator would run.

Has anyone used a pair of Honda 3000 watt EU3000iS in parallel?

Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote