Old 09-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Napa , California
Nope, the toilet paper is the most gossamer man made substance. It resembles moth eaten gauze but in disolvable paper and as you pull it off that $35.00 locking roll it shreds into itty bitty snowflake size bits. And, you are right about the oil for the pump -that sucker is an upper body workout, just to get enough water to wet your hands!

Atwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:32 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

the plains , Virginia
Different strokes for different folks it doesn’t matter what you call it. Some like posh RV parks some like more remote camping sites. We use our AS mostly at state parks which are nice but have hookups. If I want to go “boondocking” I’ll put my gear in a pack strap it to my back and start walking which I have done a lot of but I enjoy the AS too as my wife cannot backpack.

jdcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:25 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
After the herd of cattle visited your campsite, you had a true game of walking checkers trying to avoid the dark spots in the dark....

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
After the herd of cattle visited your campsite, you had a true game of walking checkers trying to avoid the dark spots in the dark....

Yes... One Step for Man, One slip for another.

The BIGGEST issue with Cattle and fresh 'Cow Patties' are Blue Heelers. They, naturally, want to disguise their odor. We have had GREEN Blue Heelers a few times. I will take them for a look at a slow moving part of a River... point at something in the water... WHEN they get curious... they get pushed into the River. The only remedy.

They want to come into the Trailer once they are GREEN. ...and not with envy.

In the High Plains... you just let it dry. It does not have any odor I can tell, but they may notice and will not do it again. ???

Blue Heelers will also roll into the dust to become RED Heelers. Eventually it shakes out, but until then... not coming into the trailer. I have a photo of a RED Blue Heeler I can share if I find it.

"You better watch your step... when Cow Patty comes to town." Probably Abilene, Kansas.