Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #81
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
I was just down around Moki Dugway the first of March. Camped in Natural Bridges National Monument. I drove up and down the Moki Dugway in my car, but not towing my 16 footer. I considered it. There is some amazing boondocking at the bottom along the Valley of the Gods road. I can imagine myself towing up the cliff (it's literally a gravel road up a cliff face), but I'm not so sure about going down.

I did see a couple of rental RVs at the bottom. The drivers did not look happy.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:58 AM   #82
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I tried Imogene Pass between Ouray and Telluride many times on my motorcycle. I chickened out every time. OMG! I finally took the jeep tour to the pass at 13,114'.
The road(?) was built in the 1880's to supply the miners by mule.
After that, no paved mountain roads seemed as scary.
Great memories from Imogene Pass. Haven't done it on a bike,, yet. Took the Landcruiser across with the kids, then my wife and I did it later in the Tacoma. Biggest mistake I made was letting my wife see BalckBear Pass while we were on Imogene. She will never do BlackBear.. Took the bike over Tin Cup, Hancock, Tomichi, Mosquito, and Schofield, but haven't been able to get to Imogene..
We've pulled the AS over most of the paved passes in Colo. No problems, we just go a bit slow on the downhills.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote