Old 04-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
Thats true Gene, it already comes in a silver can.....

and for Getaways, its been proven that Pepper Spray, when applied to tents and the ground, actually attract bears..... sort of like a good marinade..

Old 04-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #72
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB International
1975 Argosy 30
Santa Barbara , California
You guys better enter the 21st century. "Inventory", sheesh... Create a mobile game where players buy virtual *ine for real money, prep your business for IPO, and then get acquired in the last minute by zynga or facebook for $1BN. Don't waste your time creating physical goods, that's so old-school. Nobody can make any money with that stuff anymore... ;-)

Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvoneicken View Post
You guys better enter the 21st century. "Inventory", sheesh... Create a mobile game where players buy virtual *ine for real money, prep your business for IPO, and then get acquired in the last minute by zynga or facebook for $1BN. Don't waste your time creating physical goods, that's so old-school. Nobody can make any money with that stuff anymore... ;-)
But Tvon, after a rather dissapointing lunch with my tax attorney this afternoon. I decided to lighten the mood by showing him this thread. He thought it was halarious (I went to college with this guy). His take was that we should EXPAND our physical product line with a new product called HURINE. He said the market share for this type of product would far outweigh any animal repellant products as human to human attacts are statistically more likely to occur. He has camped with me and he told me I could use the blackwater storage tank on my trailer as a storage facility for the corporation and get a huge tax write off I will need product storage facilities in all major metro areas. He suggested this product would do well as a pump aerosol. Come on production VP's i ned you to hit this packaging hard.

Tvon, I do however agree with you about non tangible product IPO"s and some other time I will tell you about a company my BIL and some friends were very serious about developing in the late 90"s called LACKEY.com. If the NASDAQ would have just lasted about 6 more months they could have done it. Things were crazy in Seattle then.
Dan
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I always have at least one gun, depending on where we are going and where we might go. One is a 12GA Mossberg Tactical and if in Bear country 000 shot. This also goes to Canada. One can fill out a form, check wildlife protection and pay $25.00 and it's good to go for 60 days. A pistol can be taken in for the same reason, but must have over a 4" barrell and the fee is $50.00. Both forms must be in triplicate, and signed BUT NOT SIGNED UNTIL A CANADIAN CUSTOM AGENT SAYS TO.

We also carry Wasp spray - this works on black bears, know from experience, as we don't want to kill an animal if we don't have to and it works on intruders of the human type. We both have multiple CCW permits, which are good in most states but the northeast. But the shotguns are, if cased, unloaded and locked.

We have multiple Bear encounters while tenting a number of years ago, in Canada. Each one was a test, but food was in trees and we remained calm and stationary, with wasp spray at hand.
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #75
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Dan, if your tax attorney thought this very serious matter was funny, maybe you should find an attorney with vision and imagination. I am considering legal action in this matter since that is another way to make a bunch of money out of this thing.

I do like the black tank as leverage for a write off for all our trips and am taking the proper steps to patent this idea before anyone else does. Maybe a hybrid of HURINE and MURINE would work—I could capture a bear cub, make him drink beer, and tie him to the toilet to provide the proper blend.

Actually I want Nuvi, VP for something or other—production and canning I guess—to do this. I must go back to contemplating and imagining. Every time I dream about this I will also add that to my hourly fees because I do some of my best thinking while asleep.

Gene
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #76
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quick get it on the market...folks need it NOW!!!

[VIDEO]

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Boys, boys, boys.

Maggie
Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Product Delivery Trials and Test Market Research

Alright, alright. I had a few friends over last night and we played cards for a couple of hours and went thru some Bud Light. The product delivery system works very well. This will be a snap. I'm in the air right now going to LA. This very important test market will give us an idea for product demand. I've got some friends down there and I'm going to convince one of them to let me spray him down and then stand on, oh lets say Hollywood and LaBrea and see what happens. I know I'm taking a chance at this location as this may attract, rather than repell the people who hang out in this area. Anyway I'm really sticking my neck out here and I hope if this somehow goes south one of you knows a good bail bondsman as being in the LA County jail for any length of time with someone covered in HURINE would not go well. As CEO I never thought I would have to do this market research. Come on VP's lets get moving. If things go well I'm heading for the Big Apple. Maybe Wall St. In front of Trump Tower.
Dan
Old 04-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Please send photos of your experiment at Hollywood and Vine, Dan. As for the Trump Tower, I don't think anyone would notice any difference.

I don't know how you became CEO, but I am sure I am chairman of the board and chair of the executive compensation committee. If you can't get the VP to act, maybe we should fire you and disgorge the stock awards.

Gene
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #80
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Watch-out in LA & BA the product may very well smell just like home, specially around WS.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

RLC
Old 04-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
OK guys I'm expecting a moderator to step in anytime now and stop this. I haven't had this much fun in a long while. I think establishing a huge product distribution network is more than I can handle. Maybe I'll just sale the plans.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Thats SELL.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #83
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Has anyone considered collecting product from the many P!ss & Moan threads?
Could be a GOLD mine.
Bob

RLC

RLC
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #84
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
I too am surprised we have not been shut down. maybe nobody has complained because we are soooooooo goood.