Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #127
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
I never let facts get in the way a good story, nor do I let them interfere with derailing a perfectly good thread.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #128
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Gene, I'm sure Brian would love all of the benefits that collective bargaining could offer him. I may even offer him an equity share of PPP. We're doing quite well in a small market. At least Eric has some respect for Brian's intellect and capabilities.

Dan

Old 05-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #129
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Saw our first Grizzley of the season last night here near Skagway. He was medium sized and looked a bit skinney for pulling Gene's rig. Might work for one of those teardrop SOBs that we see around here in the summer though.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #130
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Deauxrite. We go up to Wrangle every year usually around Memorial Day for the Salmon Derby. Last year I saw more grizzlies than I've ever seen and they were not skinny. Lots of Kings. I think the Derby winner last year was 67lbs.
Dan
Old 05-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #131
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
Hmmm so bears like to fish.. and so do some humans.. doesnt this bring us back to the cold beer issue?

Which reminds me of a story. A Bear walks into the Mint Bar in Billings, Montana (every town in montana has a Mint Bar). The bartender says "We do not serve Bears in Bars in Billings." The bear bellies up to the bar and says "Bartender, I want a Beer.. Make it a Konkanee". The bartender, not phased by a talking bear says "Sir, we do not serve Beer to Bears in Bars in Billings". The bear growls and says "Bartender, If you do not serve me a beer, I will go and eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar" the bartender replies "Sir, we do not serve Beer to Belligerent Bears in Bars in Billings." The bear promptly gets up, and eats the woman, and turning to the Bartender says "NOW will you serve me a beer?" The bartender, still in an even voice says "Sir, we do not serve Beer to Belligerent Bears in Bars in Billings, ESPECIALLY if they are on drugs." The bear is stunned and insulted "Bartender, I have never touched drugs in my life! Explain why you think I am on drugs!" The bartender looks him square in the eyes and says "That was a Bar Bitch you ate."
Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Eric, very good. You're almost as irrelavant as me. Gene is using a bear named Brian to tow his trailer and I'm not sure he is even letting Brian **** in the woods. I may have to step in legally to see that Brian gets this cultural right restored and some good working rules are established.

Dan
Old 05-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #133
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
A very long time ago I was in the 17 Bar in Billings, but I saw no bears there. Thus, it is obvious that bears go to bars in Boise or Butte for beer and ladies.

Gene
Old 05-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #134
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1955 22' Safari
Butte , Montana
So thats what happened to all the butte ladies. Lol
Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #135
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Question

Sandy tells me I'm a butte....is that good?

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #136
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Sandy tells me I'm a butte....is that good?

Bob
No, Bob, it is not. My mother and her sisters (all born in 1910 or earlier) used to call things a "beaut" and it was meant sarcastically. I know you can handle that, but a wife who talks like a women of 100+? They all wore girdles too.

Gene
Old 05-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #137
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Whew!....I thought it had something to do with a "flat top".
BTW...are there bears on butte's?

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #138
2 Rivet Member

Flora Vista , New Mexico
I think there is a Bear Butte in South Dakota... and all the "Ladies" in Butte lost their jobs when Bob Butorovich closed the Dumas... You gotta wonder about a town that builds its High School 3 blocks from the red light district... even if it WAS cheap land. HAHAHA
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #139
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricktheSOB View Post
Hmmm so bears like to fish.. and so do some humans.. doesnt this bring us back to the cold beer issue?

Which reminds me of a story. A Bear walks into the Mint Bar in Billings, Montana (every town in montana has a Mint Bar). The bartender says "We do not serve Bears in Bars in Billings." The bear bellies up to the bar and says "Bartender, I want a Beer.. Make it a Konkanee". The bartender, not phased by a talking bear says "Sir, we do not serve Beer to Bears in Bars in Billings". The bear growls and says "Bartender, If you do not serve me a beer, I will go and eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar" the bartender replies "Sir, we do not serve Beer to Belligerent Bears in Bars in Billings." The bear promptly gets up, and eats the woman, and turning to the Bartender says "NOW will you serve me a beer?" The bartender, still in an even voice says "Sir, we do not serve Beer to Belligerent Bears in Bars in Billings, ESPECIALLY if they are on drugs." The bear is stunned and insulted "Bartender, I have never touched drugs in my life! Explain why you think I am on drugs!" The bartender looks him square in the eyes and says "That was a Bar Bitch you ate."
Whew, that was close;
* my wife is a Billings girl (but is not now - or was not ever- a bar hop)! Those darned Billings bears; actually there are more Bobcats (MSU) in Billings than bears.

Living in the home city of the U of MT GRIZZLIES ... so we have griz all over the place, here. LOL ... stickers, shirts, hats, jackets, etc. It is hard to walk or dirive anywhere in this town without seeing a griz (fan). However, I will say that I saw more than my fair share of very large grizzly bears while working as the LE ranger at Logan Pass in Glacier NP. I was the ranger who often got sent in to patrol when an area was closed to visitor access.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #140
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1955 22' Safari
Butte , Montana
I went to Butte High School and can tell you that the Dumas wasn't the only brothel on Mercury street. And Sheriff Bob didn't close down the Dumas. They just had trouble selling what everyone else was giving away for free!