Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Someone Who has AMPS to work with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post

My only reason for the comments about the electrical draw of the water pump is that it truly is a minor thing. Even pumping a full tank of water out, say 30 gal at 3 gal per minute is only a run of 10 minutes at about 5 amps max.

Happy boondocking to all. It is a great way to travel.
This is all valuable information for all of us. I just wish I knew something about the 2006 AS solar panel on the top of our trailer... It is about 2 feet by 3 feet and haven't a clue how much of a battery charge we are getting when I read the panel. What ever it is, the solar panel has helped a lot.

We were near Big Sandy Reservoir, Wyoming on this last trip, but with the heat, we expected the entire town of Rock Springs would be there enjoying it. There are some very nice petrified wood specimens all around the Reservoir to be found. I had a friend give me one with a polished end this Spring. Almost tempted me to camp out on the BLM in the hills and hunt some myself.

Be well and I am sure everyone with a poor understanding on watts and amps appreciate your sound advice!

Old 07-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
Mountain High

1990 32' Excella
Adirondack Mountains , New York
Bring the genny and don't worry about power. Nothing like fresh brook trout that is still moving when it hits the fry pan.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
We have been thinking of doing some "cheating ourselves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 ford View Post
Bring the genny and don't worry about power. Nothing like fresh brook trout that is still moving when it hits the fry pan.
2005Ford. The wife and I have pondered a bit more about stocking a Honda Generator and fuel... in our grey hair years of back country camping. I have even discussed getting a satellite dish, generator and a flat screen... and stepping into a new 25 foot AS, as making and sleeping in the bed of the 23 footer can be trying at times. But... I day dream all of the time and then think of all of the upgrades and improvements I would need to install before we could take a new AS off the smooth, paved roads they were designed.

And please... AS's ARE produced AS paved road trailer creatures. Although, I have not looked at an Eddie Bauer, 16 inch wheel version... but would I be found out as a fraud if I were to say... AS's ARE creatures of the asphalt. I have seven years of avoiding large accumulations of humanity. That is WHY we have a trailer. Not to leave a large accumulation of humanity to camp our depreciating AS among ANOTHER large accumulation of humanity.

No sense missing some entertainment or comforts of home while on the road. And... even those skinny 15 inch trout fillets, fried in an iron skillet... it makes my eyes water and my fishing rod quiver with the thought!