Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Rockwood , Ontario
Boon Docking In PEI and Nova Scotia

We will be headed out to the Atlantic Provinces this year. We posted a thread for campsites and Provincial Parks, but then thought about boon docking.

Has anyone boon docked in PEI and Nova Scotia? Where and for how long?
Were there other people nearby?

Any feedback on this would be helpful, since it is a consideration.
breezyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Boondocking is possible, in Canada, on Crown Land - our equivalent to BLM land. I believe the limit is 21 days.

There are several maps available online that show Crown Land. I am not sure if there is much of it in the more populated areas that you'll be traveling to, but it's always worth investigating. In principle I think it's a great idea.

Here's the link to the provincial maps for Nova Scotia. http://www.novascotia.ca/geonova/hom...e/ns_atlas.asp

Edit: having just read the provincial site, I am not sure if their camping policy is as generous as in Ontario - they don't mention camping at all, just hunting and fishing. I'd ask around.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
PS: There's a discussion on tripadvisor about this subject: camping/overnight parking regulations - Nova Scotia Forum - TripAdvisor

Apparently there's now very little Crown Land in NS. Seems like this might be easier in the larger, less densely populated provinces.

We are planning on taking the AS north next year, for a trip around Lake Superior. I know there's a lot of public land up there, and am hoping to take use it for camping too.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote