Old 06-28-2015, 04:25 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
A lesson I just learned in my first use of Anderson's

With those using these levelers who also have a propride or Hensley hitch - once you level out and chock up - release brake into neutral and allow things to settle a bit then reapply the brake and unhitch

If you do not - you can risk a funny tension on the system making un- hitching a bit funky

I used the levelers for the first time last week and besides that snafu - loved the process!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #58
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Here is the situation I am having difficulty with:

In our new home, the place the trailer needs to be parked has about six inches of elevation difference with the road side high. This is less than desirable because emptying the holding tank completely seems to be impossible. If the curb side was high, I would just live with it.

I am using the lynx levelers, but can only achieve about 2/12 inches lift because of the distance between the two tires. I have decided that building some sort of drive-up ramp using 2x12s is probably going the be the only viable solution but would like to hear any other ideas. I would also like to see any more examples of home made ramps, along with tips about how to best construct them.

Thanks,

Ken

Old 06-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Any chance of pouring a 24" wide ramp for the low side with a level flat plateau for when the trailer is in the correct position (width would allow for randomness of precise placement of the tires....)?

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
A lesson I just learned in my first use of Anderson's

With those using these levelers who also have a propride or Hensley hitch - once you level out and chock up - release brake into neutral and allow things to settle a bit then reapply the brake and unhitch

If you do not - you can risk a funny tension on the system making un- hitching a bit funky

I used the levelers for the first time last week and besides that snafu - loved the process!

This is true of any hitching system. I once had my SOB roll a bit and pop off the ball as I was raising the jack. Scared me more than anything, but i learned the "equilibrium" of parking and leveling on that day.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
I use the Anderson leveler too but I have added outdoor tread tape to them for better grip. They are very smooth plastic and I feel like they work better with the extra grip the tread tape provides. I also have the Linx levelers but have not really had a use for them yet. I bought a Trailer Aid to assist in changing tires (video on my youtube site) and knock on wood that I have not had to use it yet.

AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
cranbrook , British Columbia
Anderson levelers quick, easy. Took 2 minutes at Glacier National Park-done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GNP.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	241905  
Old 06-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #63
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Any chance of pouring a 24" wide ramp for the low side with a level flat plateau for when the trailer is in the correct position (width would allow for randomness of precise placement of the tires....)?
Thanks for the great idea. I had not though of that. The surface is asphalt. Perhaps if I laid a barrier sheet of plastic before I pour the concrete ramp, I would be able to later remove it without much damage to asphalt if the situation changes.

We definitely have a great degree of "randomness of precise placement of the tires" I have to figure out a way to work that phrase into something for a T-shirt. I will take some pictures of the progress and post them if it turns out well.

Ken
Ken
Old 06-30-2015, 12:22 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
This is true of any hitching system. I once had my SOB roll a bit and pop off the ball as I was raising the jack. Scared me more than anything, but i learned the "equilibrium" of parking and leveling on that day.

Good point - it would indeed happen with other hitches - but in those cases you would only get the scare with less warning

Actually that sounds even worse lol

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote