Old 03-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Lewisville , North Carolina
Great idea! Thanks. My wife recently discovered something similar that WINERIES are doing. We have not tried it yet but it looks awesome. There are over 500 wineries that participate!
Check it out at www.harvesthosts.com
And.......it's free!!
Just a very modest annual fee!

Old 03-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Sounds like a good idea. Down here in Fl the local epa and conservation groups are putting more and more restrictions on what people can do with their property even if you are out in the country. They don't believe in personal property rights.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #17
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
Local governments are developing regulations prohibiting Airbnb rentals.
Perhaps where you live but here where we live, just as long as you pay your taxes, they’re happy & the city even runs ads for AirB&B on events posters. Our AirB&B stays booked and being in a coastal resort town, the city is happy to oblige.

Now that’s not to say the big hotel chains aren’t trying to buy up as many politicians, local & state, as they can to, uh.... influence regulations...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:43 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Please try to keep it that way. We're way beyond going back. Did you know the county epa is the only agency that can enter your property for inspection, and bring anyone else with them.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
Actually the real opposition to AirBNB is the same as the opposition to Uber and Lyft. Crony capitalism. That is, hotels and others complaining and getting their government to regulate them the same in an attempt to stifle competition.

I'm sure the guise is, complaints and safety. But there is always an agenda.

Already happening, a lot of the you can't park in this Walmart is being done by cities and not Walmart and many elsewhere have talked about how this was lobbied into pratice in areas with a lot of parks and RVs that come through.
Totally Agree!! Its disgusting Taxi Drivers Rioting (in france)? This is how industry evolves, something better comes along and replaces something else. it been happening that way forever.

And dont people realize less regulation is one of reasons these companies are so successful.

Just hope they(gov) don't regulate these companies out of business.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
I think this is a great idea and something to keep in the wings when looking for a place to stay... I've often wondered when traveling in more rural areas if one were to stop at a farm house and politely ask to pay for a few nights of dry camping on their property if some might allow it. (I've never worked up the nerve to do it though! ) We've see some great places we'd love to stop for a few days if we could. It's sort of like the Courtesy Parking options that WBCCI has (and perhaps other RV clubs), where you can offer for driveway (or other situation) for a few nights of camping as a courtesy.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
My "second act" is as an elected County Commissioner. Outside municipal corporate limits, at least in my part of the country (TX) there is no zoning, hence no prohibition to using private land for such a sporadic use. That's not to say that if one opens up their private land to a number of boondockers at the same time on a continual basis, that county government might not start looking at sanitation issues. I see no comparison of this, to AirBnB.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #22
explorer

2010 30' Flying Cloud
On the Road Full Time , Utah
I like the idea of being able to explore a rural area, rather than the traditional packed RV park. Now if only there were some landowners in Utah for me to try this out.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
Just my thoughts after looking at the website. Full-timers are looking to put on their balance sheet they have seen great things and camped for free. I do a lot of research on great places to boondock and a lot of full-timers give great deals on where to go. To pay 30-50 bucks on a farm..which I grew up on a farm and many of us see them along the way..the experience here has to be fun for that kind of spot for me.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:24 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Madison , Alabama
We could also buy small plots of land all across the USSA, equipt them with fences and hook ups & use them as private RV harbors. When not there: nothing to steal.

That's what I'm doing.

Let's Roll !
Wolf
Wolf Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:31 PM   #25
explorer

2010 30' Flying Cloud
I like it! Land harbors.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:00 AM   #26
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
Littlestown , Pennsylvania
I have 80 acres in Montana on top of a mountain. I'm looking for someone to volunteer to travel 3 miles on an unimproved jeep trail (with steep embankments) to TEST the route... . How about Luckier as the volunteer? He can bring the wine....
Old 03-19-2016, 11:09 AM   #27
explorer

2010 30' Flying Cloud
That sounds right up my alley! I'll test it, but I'll be leaving the trailer behind. If the road isn't too narrow, I think my van can make it.

I'll give it a good go either way.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kern View Post
Good Sam club can be supportive of RVers interests. RVers, just like truckers, need rest stops much like Walmart serves.
Good Sam club has gotten to the point where if it doesn't benefit Good Sam monetarily, it won't support the idea...

Just sayin'
Larry

1996 34' Excella 1000, interior totally redone, 2003 Dodge/Cummins HO, U.S. Gear exhaust brake, Diablo tuner, 115 gallon aux fuel, Bedslide, Airsafe/Reese Dual Cam, and a bunch of other stuff
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote