Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Airstream Living goes Full Circle

(I posted this on another Thread, but many other Airstream Owners may discover a... special place in their travels. Nancy and I did on this last Boondocking Trip, even after looking at this area traveling with our 2006 Airstream in 2007.

The Airstream was exciting and mobile so the thought of selling the trailer was not going to happen. Time grinds on one's Soul and a change was due to happen. This last trip brought us back to this same area and the gears shifted quickly. We have emptied out our Airstream. We will be contacting a Realtor that specializes in this area. We are both in our 60's and always... 'looking'. When you fit a particular Rural life style... you need to go where it takes you. It may take a week, a month or a year... but the enthusiasm is the same as our first Airstream purchase. You know the feeling... now things will be happening.)

After wandering the Rocky Mountains since 2006, owning two Airstreams and now with the current 2014... we have found what we have been looking for all these years. Tightening screws, bolts and hardware is to be ending and some fortunate Airstream Wanna Be will need not worry about Airstream Management Failures. These, all, have been taken care of.

We needed a 'new challenge'. The 2014 International has been a great home at remote locations, only to discover an area that provided a better challenge... a late 'model' Log Cabin in a developed community at 6,000 feet+. The fixing and tuning up skills learned over 12 years tuning up our Airstreams for travel can be put to further use.

Now... it is a matter of time to find the 'right' Log Cabin to substitute for our Home on Wheels. A matter of time and being vigilant for new listings to examine.

Nancy and I have enjoyed traveling the Rocky Mountains and keeping our trailers tidy and in good repair. The hunt is over and with luck, one of the homes on our list will become available.

Our Airstreams always managed to make it home. Now we managed finding a home that will replace our wandering. Winters in the Mohave Desert and Summers in the Rocky Mountains.

Thank you Airstream. You made this possible, even with my chronic whining and disappointment of not taking care of a repeat customer. The experiences have made my wife and I very competent at looking over a trailer... which also complements maintaining a Log Cabin. Sometimes, everything works out over time.

I have the tools, a ladder and know how to fix about anything. The screws and hardware will be put to further good use. Some will be tossed into a carton into the Airstream.

These will be added to a new Chain Saw and wedges to split pine logs. Thinning Aspens that are leaning from Spring Snows. Propane for cooking and heating. Fire place needing tending, poking and additional dried pine split logs. Fishing until my eyes close from exhaustion. Swatting any errant fly or mosquito, eagerly. Stepping outside in July and need a light jacket... again.

Sometimes, the end of the road has a house number and our name on the door.
_
Old 08-05-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
-- snip --... we have found what we have been looking for all these years. -- snip -- the 'right' Log Cabin -- snip -- Sometimes, the end of the road has a house number and our name on the door.
_
Good Luck with the transition. It's always a thought in the back of the mind that there is something perfect down the road. Fingers crossed you find yours. I worked with a retired supervisor from Cessna Aircraft. He was working at a small company in North OKC to make a buck or two, but he was really building "The Place". A 20 acre plot where he created a lake and a nice log home with a view. Not at 6000 ft, but right where he wanted it.

Glad you found the place with the dream you want. Enjoy the adventure. Pat

Sometimes, it's not the end of the road, but rather, just a resting place to plan the next adventure.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Richfield/SLC , Utah
Best Wishes, Ray - hope you and Nancy find the perfect places for both summer and winter. Have enjoyed reading your posts on boondocking and other topics.

Regards - Ron
Utah Man is offline   Reply With Quote