Old 12-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #113
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Shower Tent for privacy Off the Grid option...

Post #111 is our Walmart shower tent. Obviously if you are imaginative... I guess for anything else. Anyone who has floated down the Colorado River in Utah probably know another use with the shower tent and "groover".

Maggie... hate to break the news to you. The photo IS Double Cabin, unless you cross the creek from the campsite to see the actual Double Cabin, outhouse and outbuilding.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #114
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
A piece of pool noodle makes the "groover" easier to handle.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I would love to see the actual double cabin and outbuildings, and hope the water level in the creek allows for it.

Maggie
Old 12-13-2015, 06:12 PM   #116
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are up to 13 dogs....so far.

Is that many a herd, or will they divide into multiple packs?

Maggie
Old 12-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Maggie, I have 2 Airstreams a 25 footer and a big muther 34 foot triple axle. The 34 can be a bit hard to maneuver. Kind of like a bowling alley on wheels. I assume the way to go is the 25 footer. What do you think?

Some animals such as antelopes and donkeys form herds. A group of apes is a troop. A large group of crows is a horde. Eagles form convocations. According to the internet dogs form kennels.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I would definitely think the 25, from what what Ray is saying about where we are going.

That many dogs will be interesting, but I'm sure they will figure it all out and how to cohabit peacefully.

I was most worried about Alpha-Lily, but they really all did pretty well. A few moments....

Maggie
Old 12-13-2015, 11:07 PM   #119
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , South Dakota
I seem to recall Alpha-Lilly and Cassie discovering they could get along....
Old 12-13-2015, 11:15 PM   #120
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
We're currently heading a pack of 8 since my son dropped his dogs off while he's moving. The trick is the the humans need to be in charge, not the dogs. In this house, as far as dogs know, I'm the Alpha. ( and I have my wife's permission to say so...)

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #121
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobum View Post
I seem to recall Alpha-Lilly and Cassie discovering they could get along....
Yep, I recall that distinctly, as I'm sure does Lily.

She needed that, tho, and, with work I have done with her, is doing much better with other dogs.....as long as they stay away from her Mom and her food.

Having had her now 5+ years, she has never sunk her teeth into human or dog, just likes to intimidate.

But, she is greatly improved.

Maggie
Old 12-14-2015, 12:40 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Now at 16 dogs, and holding.

Maggie
Old 12-17-2015, 03:08 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Post #81, Page 6... is the Intended Route for 2016 Wyoming

Post #81, page 6... IS the intended route for 2016 Wyoming.

I have sent a request to the Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site to overnight in their large parking lot Saturday evening. Those arriving early, as I will, can tour the Prison and with approval spend the evening and depart at 9AM sharp. Due to the possible number of individuals in the 8 to 15 "parties", I felt it best to give those at the site to know in advance. Of course, this leaves this first stop into question. I have not heard since my last communication on December 14, 2015 with the Superintendent, Deborah Amend.

Maggie is gathering cell phone numbers and email addresses for those expected to attend. IF there is a change for Laramie, Wyoming, you will be contacted well in advance. Otherwise there is no way to communicate any change(s) for whatever reason. Everything else on the route are Public Lands (NFS, BLM).

The option(s) for Laramie are numerous. ONLY those attending will be notified of any change once the Wyoming Government makes a definite Yes or No response.

Those following this Thread may not see any or few Posts until 2016. Future Thread Posts are forwarded to my email address and will have a response when necessary. No route dates or locations will be available until we meet to avoid "Camp Jumpers"... those who might find our campsites appealing from internet searches and unknown to any of us.

I have tried my best to discourage anyone who have a natural fear of isolated locations, carnivores in the woods, roads that lead to nowhere and trailer lengths over 25 feet (being conservative) that your eyes have glazed over.

If you have camped at an RV Park... you will survive this "adventure". Actually, our trip will be much more enjoyable. Your trailer will be your base camp and the untamed beauty of this part of Wyoming will provide the scenery in person. If you have never base camped near Wilderness areas or at Remote locations in the Rocky Mountains... you will be among some experienced OtG members. Tent or Trailer... I am eagerly looking forward to meeting everyone attending next year.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #124
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Boondocking is not Off the Grid Airstreaming...

I "troll" the Airforum Boondocking Threads and am thankful that there are some, as yourselves, that know the difference between street lights, public restroom and shower facility, paved site pad, water, electricity and an IHop restaurant two blocks away AS a "Boondocking Site".

I have tried to discourage anyone that is planning on coming on this true adventure... not to come, if their "expected" experience of 2016 Wyoming Boondocking is what I described above. It is far from it. So far, that the majority of Boondockers are unaware of those who do know the difference between a shabby RV Park as Boondocking and camping among the wilds of what are left in the USA as Off the Grid.

I am confident, like Magdalena 2015,... you are among those who do understand the dramatic difference and those not sure of what they are getting into... will quickly adapt and enjoy what many of us do as a matter of routine. Once you have gained some confidence of being camped alone or as a small group... it becomes routine.

The biggest difference between the Airforum Boondocking and Off the Grid... are just the locations once camped. Preparation is exactly the same. Although, Nancy and I will carry sidearms in forested areas where bear and mountain lion are found. This is much like wearing a hard hat in a construction area. Common sense.

Brent, Maggie, Nancy and I welcome all on this true adventure.

While on the road we move as a nomadic Tribe. We work together as a group while camped and are independent at the same time. Anyone can drop off to complete their vacation however they want. I am honored that 15 are interested and 1 brave couple will catch a segment of this exciting portion of Wyoming. Without risk, it would not be an adventure. Our schedule will be written AFTER the trip, not before. If you are uncomfortable with a flexible schedule that can change... this is the mantra of Off the Grid camping. The unexpected.

Nancy and I wish all of you a Happy New Year and make 2016 the beginning of a recurring event so we do become a summer Nomadic Tribe that few want to pursue, but criticize as a poor use of our trailers and time.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #125
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
So looking forward to it, Ray.

Have a great holiday, and see you next summer!

Maggie
Old 12-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #126
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Post #124: Nancy and I wish all of you a Happy New Year and make 2016 the beginning of a recurring event so we do become a summer Nomadic Tribe that few want to pursue, but MANY criticize as a poor use of our trailers and time. (missed a word to add meaning)

Some of the wonderful Vintage Airstream owners on our last trip and those with Late models did not wince at the thought of getting dusty, muddy, stinky, wet, dodging dry and wet dips in the road, figuring out how to fit a small apartment between a group of trees and be able to find it after a long hike! Whew.

We all get "Cabin Fever". I get Two Story Cabin Fever with a RV Garage. The high country is cold and the wind would dampen anyone's enthusiasm, immediately. That is my comfort zone... when possible. Not a beach site near the Ocean among the crowds of humanity. Experience tells me that late October to early March can be treacherous for Off the Grid exploration in the Western USA. ... Donner Party, anyone?

Since this Thread is of any interest, other than this special group of risk takers, I cannot help but visit the site for clarity. The beginning of Winter behind us and I watch the sunrise and set eagerly awaiting our first camping trip. For 2016 Wyoming I already have my maps, locations, elevations and will figure a time schedule from points A to B to the next. As Brent- (Thalweg), Maggie and I understand... the work behind the scenes is a bit guess work at first and then it all falls into place. A small team with big hearts with a common goal. Not to get lost.