Old 01-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #547
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Ocala , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapt59 View Post
Guys, looking for Mas Tierra Airstream handle guy, Richard perhaps? anyone have a good email?

Lost his phone number at the can opener rally!

Kevin

Hey Kevin. Send me an email at rcwarren53@gmail.com. Richard & Karen Warren. Will exchange cell# etc

Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 PM   #548
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
niceville , Florida
email?

did you get my email Richard? spam folder?

Kevin

Old 09-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #549
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Hi guys we revisited Grey's River mid September. Trout fishing was a blast. Had to cut and run due to snow in the pipe. We are now on our way home.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #550
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
Hi guys we revisited Grey's River mid September. Trout fishing was a blast. Had to cut and run due to snow in the pipe. We are now on our way home.

Same fishing hole as in 2016? I will beat you to it in 2018.

After cruising through Nevada, Idaho and Montana... I still find that Wyoming and Colorado have the finest fly fishing opportunities for those not hiring a guide. Utah, although might have some possibilities...

There may be more water flowing in the Yellowstone, Salmon, Snake and other large rivers in the Rockies... but none like those in Wyoming, where you can wear sandals and short pants in or out of the river.... or creek to the rest of you.

By the way... Gearheart fixes up some fine fresh trout. I still have two of his hand tied flies in the trailer. Been saving them for a 'special spot', now that you know where this favorite spot is located, I may have to go upstream a few miles.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #551
3 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Tucson , Arizona
Gotta say that there is fine fishing in Wyoming but the landowner laws make it a whole lot harder. In Wyoming the landowner owns to the bottom of the middle of the river and you're trespassing if you wade up stream from public access onto private property. In Montana, the public has access to within ten feet of the high-water line so there's a whole lot more river available to the non-guided yokels like me.

Echoing Gearheart, we were up on the upper Stillwater near the Beartooth -Absaroakee wilderness above Nye, MT on 9/15 and awoke to snow! That was 4 days after daytime temps in the lower 90's. Ain't nature grand?

Tight lines!
Old 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #552
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Post #551, as anyone, in the know, like to catch Montana Trout versus a Wyoming Trout. I refer to them as being 'tame and mellow', but that is only my opinion.

Much like boat dock Carp, Bass or Blue Gill, Montana Trout are pimped out and hand fed at the Fish Hatcheries throughout the State. Those 25 cent Fish Food vending machines may even be provided outside of the Fish Hatcheries in the State along more popular fishing areas. So, carry a pocket full of quarters (no Canadian quarters as they are 100% nickel and could jam up the trout chow vender), when fly fishing in Montana.

Wyoming Trout, like those Gearheart stalks in the wilderness, feed on Montana Trout. You open up the gullet of a Wyoming Trout to find small animals and birds they have been feeding upon. Montana... gourmet French Snails and salads. Much thinner and healthier to eat, but too lean and small for Wyoming's shallow fast moving streams.

Anyone who fishes Wyoming Rivers that run over, four feet wide and knee deep, know. I believe there will be others that will support Gearheart's and my experiences in the Wilds of Wyoming. Even if... there could be a tiny bit of truth in either of these three posts.

Mas Tierra has bent a few flies in Wyoming... he has no reason to deny any of the above as exaggerations. Unless, his guided fishing trips turned up twigs and brush off the banks for the day's catch on the dangerous rivers flowing out of Wyoming in his yacht, ice chest full of beer, staff of fish consultants and wearing a clean shirt.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #553
3 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Tucson , Arizona
Ray may be onto something. A favorite fly in Montana is Cheetos tied on a #12 hook...