Old 07-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #351
3 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mount Angel , Oregon
Dave and I are nearly ready. I picked the last of my marionberries this morning and currently have jam on the stove. A jar of Oregon's famous Marionberry jam for each trailer in attendance! Maybe a pie or two for the sampling!
Can't wait to meet everyone in person! A face to a name.
See you in August!

Susan

Old 07-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #352
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Ray and Nancy--
We echo Maggie with a ME TOO, ME TOO. Really looking forward to this gathering and adventure. THANK YOU FOR NOT CANCELLING this years exciting trip, it's what the Interstate was designed for with its Mercedes chassis and diesel engine.
Can't wait, Jan and Ed. AEW

Old 07-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Campsite Mapping is in Progress by tmcguffy and Thalweg

Today I received a number of emails with each Wyoming campsite we are to be camped from tmcguffy (Tom). Very nice, indeed.

Thalweg (Brent) is also producing a set of maps of the various campsites that are being used from our collaboration on earlier Adventures and GPS coordinates that I put into our DeLorme Atlas.

Member Count as of July 12, 2016:

Out of 21 original members, before the Adventure was closed to any additional members, 14 will be meeting at Laramie, 1 at DuBois for sure, and 1 more at DuBois possible.

I have one member who signed up for three Adventures and did not attend the last two and it most likely not this one as well. So 13 at Laramie is likely. Even that number can change, as it has been my experience that some just do not show up with or without notice.

I apologize to those who had an interest and were not able to join as we had SIX more members in addition to the 15 originally discussed as a comfortable group to manage.

For anyone who is capable of attending with several weeks notice, email me with your information at boondockingairstream@gmail.com. There have been cancellations as early at April 24th and as current as June 12th.

My policy is if ONLY one member is coming... no plans are being changed on my end.

Nancy and I look forward to this Adventure, as it has been since 2006 some of these sites were Base Camped. If you find the areas a bit remote and the roads not well marked... we are all going to experience what true Boondocking experiences always provide. Unplanned experiences. Possible detours. Flexible Off the Grid camping. And... most of all, two weeks of working together as a team effort.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:41 PM   #354
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Ocala , Florida
In the past few days I have read through all the posts from first to last. Just doing that has been an adventure already. Richard and I are newbies for sure! We will be coming from the Sunshine State of Florida where things are always green because of all the rain and where there is no shortage of bugs, snakes and gators. But Wyoming sounds like another world to me and one I can't wait to embrace! Given the "rockstar" boondockers we will be with, I feel like we Warrens will be learnin' from the dang best dudes in the West. Our personal mantra when we hit the road with Ms.T in tow is "Expect the unexpected and embrace it!" Looking forward to it all...Karen
Old 07-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #355
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Final August Preparations are being made...

Final Preparations are being made and tmcguffy's maps have just been sent to each Wyoming Adventure member as I type. It is a large email, so give it time. Print it out. You may have to work with them a bit and move them onto your desk top and then onto a page to print. You may just want to mark the Base Camps on your Atlas... even better.

Thank you Tom.

The evening before a travel day, a 'designated meeting place' will be discussed in advance. It may be a small town, a National Forest Service parking lot, or a spot on one of these maps. On a longer travel day, it is important that we all keep on schedule. When the sun sets, it gets dark in Wyoming as well.

One meeting place will be a Fish Hatchery, so if you are early, take some time and look around. Leave the fly rod in the trailer... although these fish are really easy to catch! I have been told.

The Designated Meeting Place gives everyone flexibility for fuel, groceries and some free time... not much on some days, more on others. Jackson, Wyoming maybe a bit longer to look around and try to figure out why this is always on the list of Place's to see in Wyoming.

It IS important that you watch your fuel gauge. I want to refill my tank if it is HALF full or less. The next service station might be an issue on the Up and Over route, if we get lost. Do not panic just yet. This is just a reminder when everyone else is topping off fuel, it is a very good idea that you do the same.

You need to pay attention. Some areas do not have cell phone service. Some Forest Service or County road numbers will conflict with your Atlas numbers. You will catch on by the third day.

Fuel Stops will be discussed in Advance. Everyone will scatter to various service stations and will be meeting at a 'designated meeting place'. If everyone goes to one station, those who are finished will go to the designated meeting place so we do not 'clog' the service station up with trailers. The designated meeting place may be local or fifty miles away.

Anyone with questions, please post them on the 2016 Wyoming Adventure thread. Every member on this Adventure needs to be kept up to date and your question may be one that has not been discussed. There are some experienced Base Campers in this group and... a variety of others. When you complete this Adventure, you will be experienced.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #356
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
One Opening Available...

This morning I had an additional cancellation, after the maps of all of the Base Camps were sent.

We have ONE opening available. Others may occur as it gets closer to departing.

The Wyoming Territorial Prison Superintendent's name is Deborah Amend. It is located at 975 Snowy Range Road, Laramie, WY 82070.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #357
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
How about a current list of participants, Sir Ray?

Maggie
Old 07-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #358
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
July 14, 2016 Roster (14 meeting at Laramie, WY)

Maggie requested the latest list:

I am listing only those who plan to meet at Laramie, Wyoming. (Two others are planning to meet the group at DuBois, Wyoming and not at Laramie.)

#1- Ray Eklund
#4- Unifreck
#7- VeeVee
#8- Gearheart
#10- Barretta2 (?)
#11- 47WeeWind
#12- BurnsideBob
#15- Lily&Me
#16- traveluminum
#17- tmcguffy
#18- MasTerra
#19- nvestysly
#20- SilverEagle6
#21- McDave
Old 07-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #359
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
2008 30' Classic
On The Road To Wherever We End Up , Traveling the USA
Ray, please see post #334. We are not attending.

https://instagram.com/silvereagle3100/
SilverEagle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #360
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Update on 2016 Wyoming roster...

Thank you for noticing that SilverEagle6 cancelled on Post #334. I also see that SilverEagle6 caught my mistake. We were traveling between Nevada and New Mexico at that time and missed the original post.

SilverEagle6 was the last of two 30 foot trailers that originally signed up. So #20 has cancelled as of June 5, 2016.

Our longest trailer award goes to nvestysly at 29 feet.

#1- Ray Eklund
#4- Unifreck
#7- VeeVee
#8- Gearheart
#10- Barretta2 (?)
#11- 47WeeWind
#12- BurnsideBob
#15- Lily&Me
#16- traveluminum
#17- tmcguffy
#18- MasTerra
#19- nvestysly
#21- McDave
_
Old 07-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #361
3 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
Open Fire Cooking Anyone??

I'm interested in open fire cooking. I'm a novice but have access to some interesting woods and herbs. I'm just beginning to experiment and am hoping you all are cooking fire experts.

So, if anyone is interested, I can bring fruitwoods--apple, pear, cherry, plum plus herbs. Maybe at double cabin we could experiment plus those of you with the cast iron can break it out!!?

I've noticed tending the fire takes time, and provides a great interlude for conversation and careful beverage quality assessment.

Here's some photos from the Burnside Bob Self Taught School of Hobo Cookery to pique your interest:

Notice the ultra quality hobo cook gear--metal fence post and piece of expanded metal. NOT available at Nordies or Williams Sonoma.

Twigs of green oregano provide smoke. If dried the herb sticks are soaked in water first, but these were green from the garden.
[/url]

Finished product.

Bundles of oregano hung to dry.

Oregano doesn't seem to be used much, but I have a lot of it, and last night's results were tasty. More frequently used are Tarragon, Lemon Thyme, and Rosemary, with basil used less frequently. I may have enough Rosemary, Thai Basil, and Italian Basil to flavor a fire, but Oregano is the herb I have a lot of.

If you fellow Wyoming Boondockers are interested I'll throw more fruit wood and herbs into the truck. And you can always bring your local specialty--Hickory, Pecan, ????

Here's smoke in your eye!! (Herb smoke reputedly good insect repellant)

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That looks interesting, Bob!

I don't know what kind of access we will have to fire pits, but I do know that a number of us are rather avid fire cookers and carry some basic equipment with us.

One of the best and most avid isn't able to come, but we will muddle thru without him.

We'll have to see what we can come up with.

Maggie
Old 07-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #363
Rivet Master

1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
Most of Wyoming is currently under fire restrictions as fire conditions are extreme. I'm not sure about Fremont County or Shoshone National Forest, but I suspect that fires will only be allowed in designated campground fire rings. You may need to improvise.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #364
3 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalweg View Post
Most of Wyoming is currently under fire restrictions as fire conditions are extreme. I'm not sure about Fremont County or Shoshone National Forest, but I suspect that fires will only be allowed in designated campground fire rings. You may need to improvise.
Drat!! If that don't rain on my BBQ.

If fires are still permitted in official campgrounds, perhaps we can get a site in the Double Cabin campground?

Thanks for the heads up Thalweg, I'll check fire weather prior to loading the truck. More room for rocks, I suppose.

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is offline   Reply With Quote