Old 06-06-2016, 10:04 PM   #337
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Ocala , Florida
Buenos Noches Ray/Nancy, Maggie, y Brent/Connie. Can't say that Mas Tierra is bashful just way busy. Will however share this thought. Got on a boat in Baltros Ecuador last week with 26 people we had never met. Yeah all strangers headed to Galapagos Islands. Some old, not many younguns, some fit others NOT. Well after 7 days these strangers became friends. Everyone has a unique story. So... Wyoming 2016 Adventure will be the same. Get some human beans together, get them out of their comfort zone, present some challenges, give them a beautiful environment, and watch the friend making process evolve (Darwin would smile).
Bottom line...Karen and I look forward to all experiences good or adverse that this adventure offers. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1465272206.076465.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	263986

Old 06-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #338
Rivet Master

1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
Wow, one thing is for sure. With this group, I bet we're all treated to some great stories. This is gonna be great. What an amazing variety of experiences.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #339
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'm ready...now.

I didn't post a bio on myself, as I think most of you know at least of me as I've been around these Forums for a very long time, but I will say this...

Retired child welfare caseworker/social worker
Widowed 2 years
Seeking moderate, off grid adventure with like-minded folks

Maggie
Old 06-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #340
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Will bring my Airstream after all . . .

Hi Ray:

Because it served me so well during the past two weeks while attending Alumapalooza7 in Jackson Center, OH, I have decided to reward my 1953 Airstream 21' Flying Cloud by bringing it along on this Adventure. So you are now up to 19 trailers.

I've been Airstreaming and back road jeeping in the Rocky Mountains for many years, so am perfectly comfortable boondocking. I've lived in Denver nearly 40 years and have been retired for the past two. Being single and usually traveling alone, I am independent, self-reliant and content by myself. Yet I enjoy the company of others who share common interests, so am looking forward to meeting everyone on this wonderful Adventure. I'm glad to pitch in and help you wherever I can.

The main attraction of this trip is to explore Wyoming on the diagonal. For far too many years I have hurriedly traveled Wyoming only east and west along I-80. Finally, I now have the opportunity to see what delights its back roads offer. I plan on having the two 100 watt solar panels atop my 8' Alaskan camper wired (through an A-B switch) to also charge the battery in my vintage Airstream. See y'all in two months.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #341
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Taos , New Mexico
Ray and the group,
As much as we hate to withdraw from the group we simply must. August is far too busy for us and our Taos gallery, (as we aren't retired). Rather than anguish the decision any further I'm requesting that you pull our name from the list. At this point in our lives, September is our best month to get away... that said, we will sincerely miss everyone from Quemado!

We'll follow your adventures and likely hit some of your spots in our September trip north.

Hasta la vista!

Chris & Carla
Taos
Old 06-11-2016, 08:39 AM   #342
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Bummer, Chris and Carla!

You may have a surprise visitor at your gallery late September, as I work my way back from the west coast.

Take care, you two.

Maggie
Old 06-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #343
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Thin air---
We will miss seeing you on this adventure, Jan and I may pass your way going to Boulder on our way from California. I was counting on your fabulous photos so now I have to take my own? Never will be close to your quality, composition, and artistic ability. Hope we will see you soon.
Ed and Jan
Old 06-12-2016, 07:21 AM   #344
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Taos , New Mexico
Hey Maggie,
It is a bummer! - I held off making this decision, but in fairness to the group thought it best now. I hope we do see you in September... You're welcome to park/stay/break bread here again before heading west!

Ed & Jan - thanks for the kind comments about my photography! I'm taking it more seriously this year and (actually!) selling prints at our gallery which is satisfying. I hope we do see you two in Taos... 'just ask Maggie, we have Interstate parking downtown at our gallery and a large driveway out in the sagebrush for our AirForum friends!

Cheers,
Chris

PS - having coffee and typing this in our GlobeTrotter this AMbClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1465737560.099303.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	264305Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1465737560.099303.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	264305
Old 06-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #345
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Lusby , Maryland
Hello all, looks like in spite of my wishes and dreams this year is not the one to check this off my bucket list. Things are just not working out as desired. The truck is needing some major brake work done and that will keep any plans of trips to a minimum this year. I'm still hoping for the ability to do it next time.
So please give my spot to someone on the wait list. They should still have enough time to plan. I will look forward to following the adventure on here, please take lots of pictures.
Thank you to all who have been working so hard to put all this together. I look forward to getting to see you on the road someday.
God bless and safe travels.
Kathy.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #346
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Another bummer!

Hope to see you another time.

Travel safe,

Maggie
Old 06-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #347
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Nancy and I are back in Colorado and back from the Boondocking Greenhorn Adventure.

Temperatures from 23F to 74F. Beautiful crystal clear skies to one downburst of rain that washed our tow vehicle and trailer... spotless clean! From Boulder City, CO at 104F to 23F at Taylor Reservoir, Colorado with a low of 23F at 9600 feet... we took our first real shower in three weeks of boondocking Off the Grid.

As soon as I collect myself and cut the two foot tall grass on our five acres in Castle Rock... 2016 Wyoming, 2017 High Country Colorado were discussed while sitting with good company among the 13,000 to 14,000 feet snow capped mountains surrounding Taylor Park and camp site. This is for the Greenhorns to discuss... if willing. I have maxed out my photographs on the Forum...

Sorry to hear of anyone not able to make the Wyoming trip but we expect others to follow over the next several months. This creates opportunity for others to enjoy a place among fellow Boondockers looking for something unique in traveling where few, if any, Airstreams have been.

Nancy says Dinner is Ready... We have sunburned noses and tans from hiking and trying to catch what few trout exist in the Taylor River. Wyoming is calling and will be the last Group Adventure for this year. We have other private trips on the schedule, but for our lust for rocks, minerals, fossils and whatever our map takes us.

Thank you all.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #348
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
The 2016 Wyoming Adventure is to be my last attempt of gathering Airstream owners to use their trailer in the way I had envisioned MY Airstreams as being capable.

This has been a disappointment. The image and the actual ownership did not meet the promotional advertising of an Airstream's proper use.

I have cancelled all of my proposed 2017 Adventures to avoid ruining planning for your future traveling for 2017.

Sometimes a personality does not fit into the environment of a Forum. I find myself more of a distraction to the majority and have no way to adapt to ways I find not my... style.

IF you are among the active members on this Adventure and not planning on attending... please inform me.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #349
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
2016 Wyoming

Since cancelling the two 2017 Adventures in planning, I have had a number of inquiries from those on this Wyoming Adventure, who had an interest in 2017.

My experience has been a significant cancellation rate among the 2016 Adventures, as the departure date gets closer. With 2017 in the distant future, there is no reason to fix our camping season on our calendar, with the expectation that many will not be able to attend.

There have been five cancellations on this Adventure, possibly one other. It is getting to a comfortable number of 15.

Two Greenhorns were given the opportunity to attend IF we get below 15 members. Experience is a great teacher and some trailer owners were always capable of Off the Grid camping and now understand that it is just a matter of getting some experience.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #350
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Personally, I can't wait.

Maggie