Old 03-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #169
Rivet Master

Ray, that is sure to make Nancy happy. She will Love you for it!

ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:21 PM   #170
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Ocala , Florida
Hey Ray. Glad you are learning my humor. BTW I found a shed rack in Madison Fl that was so wide I had to rent a car trailer to get it to Ocala. It takes up half of my small garage and Karen won't let me mount it on the back patio roof cause the shade it will create might kill the grass.
I am planning the trip to Laramie and will approach from the south so that brings me north through Castle Rock Co. Will probably arrive late Thursday tidy up on Friday and then head to the penitentiary on Saturday with you. Your thoughts?
Rock Pick

Old 03-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #171
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
I'll be in Denver on Friday night to pick up my DW at the airport on Sat. @ 09:30. Doing some socializing with relatives and friends and we should be done and on the road to Laramie by mid afternoon. What time are you heading out? Maybe we could form up a caravan in Denver already.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:08 AM   #172
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , Colorado
Wyoming Prison welcomes Airstream Owners

Anyone coming through Castle Rock, CO is more than welcome to Boondock on our isolated cul-de-sac. Contact me through the boondockingairstream@gmail.com IF you plan to stop. I can give you directions from the South or coming from the North along I-25.

I want to leave here around 9AM to leave Castle Rock on Saturday. If anyone arrives Friday... find a good spot here to spend the evening. We will be home. If you have a dog(s) we can put them in our fenced couple acres for them to stretch their legs and not escape.

IF everyone is at Laramie on Saturday... I have no problem leaving Laramie on Sunday, August 13th and gain an extra day spent hiking, biking, rock hunting or just sitting and enjoying the views at one of the stops.

I would encourage anyone arriving at the Territorial Prison to pay to take the tour. Deborah Amend is the Superintendent and as August arrives, she will be ready to receive those who arrive. "Prison Activities" can be found on a Google Search. I am not sure if we will be in a grassy lot area or the asphalt parking lot at the present time.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #173
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
Anyone coming through Castle Rock, CO is more than welcome to Boondock on our isolated cul-de-sac. Contact me through the boondockingairstream@gmail.com IF you plan to stop. I can give you directions from the South or coming from the North along I-25.

I want to leave here around 9AM to leave Castle Rock on Saturday. If anyone arrives Friday... find a good spot here to spend the evening. We will be home. If you have a dog(s) we can put them in our fenced couple acres for them to stretch their legs and not escape.

IF everyone is at Laramie on Saturday... I have no problem leaving Laramie on Sunday, August 13th and gain an extra day spent hiking, biking, rock hunting or just sitting and enjoying the views at one of the stops.

I would encourage anyone arriving at the Territorial Prison to pay to take the tour. Deborah Amend is the Superintendent and as August arrives, she will be ready to receive those who arrive. "Prison Activities" can be found on a Google Search. I am not sure if we will be in a grassy lot area or the asphalt parking lot at the present time.
Anyone coming from the north, probably down I-90 to I-25 is welcome to stay at my place in Buffalo. We've got plenty of room to park, and three fenced acres for the dogs to run. We can caravan down to Laramie through the Shirley Basin on Saturday. It'll be a 250 mile drive, so we'll have to leave early if anyone wants to tour the prison.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #174
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
If you have not been in the Wyoming Prison System before this trip:

Wyoming Territorial Prison State Historic Site
975 Snowy Range Road
Laramie, WY 82070
307-745-3733

Thalweg is Prisoner #0002
SilverEagle6 is Prisoner #0021
Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #175
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
I'll be in Denver on Friday night to pick up my DW at the airport on Sat. @ 09:30. Doing some socializing with relatives and friends and we should be done and on the road to Laramie by mid afternoon. What time are you heading out? Maybe we could form up a caravan in Denver already.
We are up for the caravan.
Marshall & Flordemayo
Old 03-19-2016, 12:19 PM   #176
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I will be coming west from northern MN, and stopping at Thalweg's, so will caravan into Laramie with them.

I have been inside many state and federal prisons, but never on a guided tour...nor in Wyoming...so I may be up for that.

-5 months, and counting down....

Maggie
Old 03-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #177
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Of course most of you are all aware that Sheriff Longmire and the TV Series are located at Buffalo, Wyoming in Thalweg's back yard... referred to as the "Rezz..". Well, the author and Wyoming County #24 is also to be found in Buffalo, WY. The same Wyoming County #24 as Close Encounters of the Third Kind meeting at Devil's Tower near Newcastle, WY... (There are only 23 Counties in Wyoming.)

Wyoming Airstream Chain Gang members:

Lumatic is Prisoner #0009
Lily&Me is Prisoner #0015
Old 03-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #178
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Love that movie, and the little carved moose on my dash was handmade for that specific spot by a woodcarver at the base of Devil's Tower.

I can't wait.

Maggie
Old 03-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #179
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Buffalo , Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
Of course most of you are all aware that Sheriff Longmire and the TV Series are located at Buffalo, Wyoming in Thalweg's back yard... referred to as the "Rezz..". Well, the author and Wyoming County #24 is also to be found in Buffalo, WY. The same Wyoming County #24 as Close Encounters of the Third Kind meeting at Devil's Tower near Newcastle, WY... (There are only 23 Counties in Wyoming.)

Wyoming Airstream Chain Gang members:

Lumatic is Prisoner #0009
Lily&Me is Prisoner #0015
I've been trying to find Ray a 24 County license plate, but the only one's that are available are kind of tacky. They say "24-Walt". I think Longmire may be giving us a bad reputation. They get someone killed pretty much every week. We did have someone get killed in a bar fight a couple of years ago. And a woman shot her husband a few years back. So I guess we're trying to keep up with the rep. But if we go at the Longmire rate, we'll be out of people pretty quick.

If you go to Devils Tower, a few years ago there were still some of the props from the movie near the entrance gate. Some tri-pod thingys to hold up barbed wire.

If we've all got prisoner numbers, that must mean that Ray is the warden. So during the trip, Ray must be referred to as Boss. Yes Sir, Boss Sir
Old 03-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #180
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
I's a shakin' the tree boss. I's a shakin' the tree.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:07 PM   #181
Rivet Master

Will you guys be wearing orange or stripes?! LOL!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #182
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Cowboy riding a Bronco on License Plates...

I already can tell that we all suffer from Cabin Fever.

I know a bookseller and husband who climb Devil's Tower and camp on top for the evening. There is no landing strip for Flying Saucers, just some grass and bushes on top. Might get Maggie and Evelyn to do the climb some day. That would be a wonderful exciting experience for all on some future Wyoming Adventure. NOT for us... for THEM.

Those who have been to Wyoming understand that the Cowboy riding the Bronco is on the State plate. Some have complained that this is not humane treatment of a horse. I say... it is not equine treatment of the Human Bean hanging on. It beats the squiggly blue line on the Missouri plate to represent the Missouri River, any day.

If you want to make a "plate complaint", do it at the Territorial Prison. We will be leaving at or before 9AM with or without you.

Gearheart is Prisoner #0008.
ColoradoLady is Free on Bail and not among the Prisoners on this Adventure