Old 04-27-2004, 11:00 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1961 26' Overlander
Gabriola Island , British Columbia
Looking at the photos I would think that the dent could be burnished out, the difficult part is getting to the inside of the skin.
I have several similar dents on my 61 and will be taking on that job as soon as I have finished floor and frame replacement.Does anyone sell replacement panels for the older Airstreams.

greg176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:49 AM   #16
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois

Sorry to hear about the damage. I'm kind of leaning with Shari on this one. To get it totally gone, a replacement panel might be needed....however, when I look at the different photos, it looks to me like the dent from the side view is almost non existent. I would say that since you have exp pulling the insides apart, you could pull the inner skin and try to slowly and with very little force start to pound it out from the inside. This won't get it to 100%, but it will get it a bit closer than it already is......

What a shame.....I also agree with Summerkid, if the person was gabbing on a cell, I'd have no problem hitting them with $1,100.00. The only problem I see is that if the driver understands the fact that the coach was illegally parked, not licensed to be on a public street, I could see that persons insurance company playing games as they always try to pay the least they can......

Is your coach insured? I might be inclinded to get them involved too since they will beat on the other insurance company for you. I had a similar issue when someone hit my car. The other driver's insurance company wouldn't pay squat cause it was an older car. At the time I still had full coverage and told my insurance that I was going to file a claim if the other company wouldn't pay. My agent told me that I should file a claim with with him, and my insurance in turn will fight it out. I had to pay my deductable, but about 4-5 months later, it came back in the mail.

Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 06:58 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Let his insurance pay. Don't forget the cost of to and from the appropriate repair shop. Hope you got the name, lic number ect. There are many story of guys who later say never happened and that's it. You can use small claims court if he doesn't pay. But it is a hassle.

Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote