Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
1977 31' Sovereign
1992 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Salem , Oregon
skin replacement possibilities

I have read much of the Ribs, Skins and Rivets forum and I am probably just missing the information I am looking for but here goes anyway. I want to replace an exterior skin on our 77 Sovereign. After looking at the '77 parts manual, I believe the skin in question is Segment #4, the rear, lower curbside corner segment. I understand that this segment is stretch formed as well, something I must consider when looking for a replacement. My question is whether I can still order this segment from the AS factory, and/or is it available at AS dealerships? Or am I out of luck in this regard? I have read plenty about how others have used aluminum alclad .032-.040 thick. Is it possible to use this aluminum or does it first have to be stretch formed to fit this corner? I have searched the AS parts suppliers on line and travel trailer salvage yards, but none list aluminum skins in their inventory. Is it hard to get the segments or am I missing something obvious?
If anyone can point me in the right direction.....

wayne.yl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Call Toll Free 800-877-7311

Originally Posted by wayne.yl
... If anyone can point me in the right direction. ...

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Silver Mist
1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
if he don't have it try Colaws used parts
'77 Sovereign Intl 31' CB
WBCCI R2 Rep VAC 11411 Metro NY VP

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote