Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 41
Skin Replacement in SE Louisiana?

Anyone know a reputable service center near South East Louisiana where I can have exterior panels/skin replaced?

The "only" AS dealer in Louisiana does not have a service department and No AS dealers are in the state of Mississippi.

Thanks,
Mark
__________________

__________________
1978 Excella 500 Rear Twin Center Bath
2006 F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Tow Command Factory Brake Controller
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Rivet Monster
 
wahoonc's Avatar

 
1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 7,174
Images: 40
Texas?

Aaron
__________________

__________________
....so many Airstreams....so little time...
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 41
Bayer in Comanche Tx.?
__________________
1978 Excella 500 Rear Twin Center Bath
2006 F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Tow Command Factory Brake Controller
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Tarheel's Avatar
 
2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,010
Images: 21
Just a word of advice from someone that just had two panels replaced. Use an Airstream dealer or rep. My local shop did a wonderful job of replacing the panels but it was from Sept to Feb getting the job done because of the wonderful cooperation of Parkview RV in NJ working to help us get the panels. They would not allow the panels to be dropped shipped to the repair shop in Norfolk they made them go through NJ and one of the panels ended up damaged and we had to start over. He ordered 150 olympic rivets and was only shipped 100 had to wait another 3 weeks on them. I could have driven the 600 miles to Jackson Center and saved time and money.
__________________
Keep the shiny side up.
WBCCI # 348
Past Region 3 President
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Just a word of advice from someone that just had two panels replaced. Use an Airstream dealer or rep. My local shop did a wonderful job of replacing the panels but it was from Sept to Feb getting the job done because of the wonderful cooperation of Parkview RV in NJ working to help us get the panels. They would not allow the panels to be dropped shipped to the repair shop in Norfolk they made them go through NJ and one of the panels ended up damaged and we had to start over. He ordered 150 olympic rivets and was only shipped 100 had to wait another 3 weeks on them. I could have driven the 600 miles to Jackson Center and saved time and money.
Thanks for the advice, I do already have the parts.

I purchased them a few weeks ago with the expectation of finding a nearby AS service center for the installation.
__________________
1978 Excella 500 Rear Twin Center Bath
2006 F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Tow Command Factory Brake Controller
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member
 
1975 27' Overlander
Santa Fe , Texas
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10
www.griffithrvservice.com in Oklahoma City but worth my drive from Galveston TX.
__________________
DKinsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 261
Images: 14
Pensacola Airstream panel repair

Hill Kelly Dodge in Pensacola still services Airstreams including panel repair. The service manager is Pat Lassiter. 850- 476-9058
__________________
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks Herb,

I did talk to Pat and he wants to overlay the panels without removing the old ones.

I am not sure this is what I want especially over the lower door panel.

There does not seem to be an AS service center other than that one for many miles around here.

Mark
__________________
1978 Excella 500 Rear Twin Center Bath
2006 F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Tow Command Factory Brake Controller
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
Jim Clark's Avatar
 
2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,077
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkExc500
Anyone know a reputable service center near South East Louisiana where I can have exterior panels/skin replaced?

The "only" AS dealer in Louisiana does not have a service department and No AS dealers are in the state of Mississippi.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark, where is there a AS dealer in Louisiana? New one in BR the on in LAF had a heart attack and got out of the RV business. The story I got was Family RV in BR was picking up the line.

Jim Algiers
__________________
Jim N5TJZ Air# 174
2012 International Serenity 28
2005 Safari 25 SS Traded
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:23 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
Mark, where is there a AS dealer in Louisiana? New one in BR the on in LAF had a heart attack and got out of the RV business. The story I got was Family RV in BR was picking up the line.

Jim Algiers
Jim, I also heard that Family RV in Baton Rouge will sell Airstreams but at this time there is no service center in the state of Louisiana, Mississippi or south Alabama. The one in Lafayette at the time of the original post still showed as a Louisiana AS dealership but no service center as mentioned.

Pensacola has the closest service center at Hill Kelly Dodge.

Mark
__________________
1978 Excella 500 Rear Twin Center Bath
2006 F250 Powerstroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
Tow Command Factory Brake Controller
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #11
Rivet Master
 
Jim Clark's Avatar
 
2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,077
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkExc500
Jim, I also heard that Family RV in Baton Rouge will sell Airstreams but at this time there is no service center in the state of Louisiana, Mississippi or south Alabama. The one in Lafayette at the time of the original post still showed as a Louisiana AS dealership but no service center as mentioned.

Pensacola has the closest service center at Hill Kelly Dodge.

Mark
Thanks for the informaion on Hill Kelly Dodge.

Mark, our information matches. I just purchased a New 2005 Safari from a dealer in Atlanta. I started out looking at used 25 trailers to upgrade from my Globetrotter. I found such a great deal on a new unit I jumped on it. I did speak with the RV dealer in Lafayette and they sent me to Family RV, Family RV told me they had ordered one each of the best selling models.

From speaking with the dealer in Atlanta it appears that AS sells the units outright to the dealers and dose not floor plan. All the dealer in Atlanta wanted to do was break even, he only had 2 units remaining and I am not sure he broke even. The Atlanta dealer was a high end used car dealer who got into the AS business and found out it takes a lot more to support a RV dealership than a car lot.

Jim
__________________

__________________
Jim N5TJZ Air# 174
2012 International Serenity 28
2005 Safari 25 SS Traded
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water heater replacement Craig Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps 36 12-18-2014 10:13 AM
Accordian Door Replacement Tamara Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes 2 06-17-2002 01:08 PM
61 Bambi Panel Replacement 61BambiCanada Ribs, Skins & Rivets 0 06-07-2002 10:41 AM
Under Belly Skin Restoration... Andy R Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing 2 04-08-2002 12:46 PM
Re-attaching cabinets to the interior skin. Andy R Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 5 04-07-2002 03:54 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.