Old 08-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #15
2005 25' Safari
1988 29' Excella
Austin , Texas
I see that Northern Tool also sells an english wheel, I would pick that over HF. I wonder how well it might work:

$329 plus shipping, can avoid shipping by having delivered to store. Must buy extra lower wheels separately (comes with one)

mb-austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:51 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1986 25' Sovereign
Oak Harbor , Washington
I would agree that removing dents to automobile quality is very difficult and time consuming. Airstream skins in my opinion are not in the same league due to the method of fitting them together or being attached with rivets. My guess is that we know this and accept those changes as "normal".

As to creases, if you had the skin off and you annealed it then the crease would likely repair to a point that would be better than acceptable. I annealed most of those 5 skins. Annealing really does give the metal a chance to release the dent caused stresses and also softens the aluminum so that it moves easy.

Yes China made equipment is more like a kit, you purchase it and then build or rebuild it. That is why I checked it for accuracy to ensure it would spin correctly, don't quote me but I remember something like +-.002. The anvils in my machine are very nice, no complaints there.

I did make some patches to cover where the old antenna was, and at the place the tree smash the rear skins. To make the aluminum circuit into a compound bend I needed to turn the power up to shape the curves I needed to match the location.

sgschwend is offline   Reply With Quote