Originally Posted by slk
How are the clecos used. Do you put them in as you are drilling the holes so that you can remove the pannel after drilling and clean the burrs. Or do you have to remove the pannel once drilled.
Yes, all of the above~
Clecos are used several different ways - they basically are temporary fasteners. We use them to:
1) hold the old panel to the new panel on the plywood table while drilling out the new panel's holes
2) temporarily hold an old panel in place after all the rivets have been drilled out
3) test-fit the new panel before putting sealer between them
4) hold the new panel in place while installing new rivets
5) hold things in place while you remove bits to work on them
6) hold the trim pieces in place while they are being re-installed
7) etc, etc, etc...
They are installed/removed with a pair of special "cleco pliers"...basically, clecos are are invaluable! You will always need about 20 more than you have on hand!