Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
I had a dent very similar to that and pulled out the worst of it with an old-style toilet plunger. The crease and scratch won't come out though. I did this about 6 years ago and it's still there. I consider it a badge of honor. Maybe one of these days when I'm feeling rich I'll look into having it repaired, but it won't be at Toscano, I know that much.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1982 34' Limited
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Sausalito , California
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenniflow
Question Why not Toscano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Streamer View Post
I had a dent very similar to that and pulled out the worst of it with an old-style toilet plunger. The crease and scratch won't come out though. I did this about 6 years ago and it's still there. I consider it a badge of honor. Maybe one of these days when I'm feeling rich I'll look into having it repaired, but it won't be at Toscano, I know that much.
Hey CA Streamer, care to say why not Toscano?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniflow View Post
Hey CA Streamer, care to say why not Toscano?
Leave it to say I was not satisfied at all with their sales or service departments. The big thing is they could not fix, or even identify the problem with the brakes on the trailer I purchased from them. I took it to Sky River in Paso Robles and no problem. I've been going to Sky River ever since and they have been honest and great to deal with. They also do AS body work but I have not had any done there so I cannot testify as to the quality of their work.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Alameda , California
I used Bayarea Airstream in Fairfield to repair and patch the skin from the front awning bar being ripped out. To replace the entire side panel was going to be in the 18k range. Instead they pulled out the dent and patched the torn skin with new patches that match the skin for 550 bucks. The workmanship is good from Alex in the shop (who actually did the work).

I was concerned on the workmanship as they are a new dealer but very happy with the results. They are still working out their service advisors and sales staff though have good actual service when you get it done from my experience.

From your photo, the "paint less" dent repair might be a good option if you can live with the scratches. Otherwise it's replacing the panel.