Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Ribs, Skins & Rivets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
Just got some new skin!

As some may remember, in Oct I got a dent in my TW. Well in Dec. I found an ad in the classified selling NOS Airstream skins. I recieved my package today with three NOS panels for my TW. The dented curbside middle, and segments 19 and 20 from the rear that had been dented sometime by the PO. Now I need to save to get them repalced at......... .
I know of a few restoration shops/dealers that can do the job, now it's who does it best. and at what price. Also do I allow Olympic rivets and do a panel repacement, or make it be done by the Buck rivet way from inside?
I do not feel I will tackell this job myself. So any good feedback is welcomed!
MPJ
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
I know that Frank at Frank's Trailer Works has done this work. He wouldn't use Olympics for it either. Should only be a few hours south of you.

I'm a happy client - he didn't do panel repair on my Argosy, but I've talked with a client who had more extensive work done and they were pleased. Trailer looked good too.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote